Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

are the cats comfortable to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are the cats comfortable to ride?

curious as to how comfy they are. i guarantee my next ride will be more comfortable. also how do you guys like the integrated braking system. say you are going up a steep hill, start to slide backwards and need to apply the front brakes, how do you guys work around that?

Old 07-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Actually, they are very comfey. Without a rear sway bar the suspension can really flex, and save your back.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

well, i went to the dictionary and looked up that word and their definition was "catterman"...

Old 07-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: downndirty
well, i went to the dictionary and looked up that word and their definition was "catterman"...

Hey, lets not go calling names here. Going down on the dirty is just as bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

IMHO (OK so not so humble) the Arctic Cats have a beter ride than the others because they donot use nd anti sway system which limits the travel and stiffens the suspension. With the braking differential of 2 disc in front and on in the rear I have never had the machine try to rotate over backwards on a hill when stopped. So I pretty much justgrab a hand full of brake and I stay put. Then again I always try for more velocity than necessary to go over the hills I climb. It's easier to lose a too much velocity on a hill climb than it is to try to increase your speed (pretty much next to impossible to increase it).

Old 07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: Catterman
edited by ATV connection moderator and notes for C [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LOL. =]

Join the club. =]

Old 07-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Originally posted by: Catterman
edited by ATV connection moderator and notes for C [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LOL. =]

Join the club. =]
No more notes, I changed it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Got Milk!

Originally posted by: downndirty
also how do you guys like the integrated braking system. say you are going up a steep hill, start to slide backwards and need to apply the front brakes, how do you guys work around that?
I don't think I follow you, are you thinking that you need to use the front brakes when going down a hill? What is wrong with useing all 4?

The engine breaking on them is really good, put the thing in low gear and you don't even need to use brakes.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

catterman, downndirty is talking about going up a hill forward ,the bike not make it and it starts to slide back down . so hes thinking if you hit the rear brakes the bike would flip backwards on you. i put my self in this situation a few times. hitting the brakes slowly is the answer,while leaning forward on the bike.(give it a little gas if you need to also) besides hitting just the front brakes on a 600lb. bike isnt gonna stop it. sliding down a hill, weight and momentum is at the rear. unless going forwards.

i to have a question for any one who has an automatic. do they have engine braking in reverse? i ask b/c i have a manual and in low reverse it only goes so fast down hill without giving it gas. kinda like it does forward.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

thanks, appreciate all the replies. also is there a speed limit when the differential is locked?

Quick Reply: are the cats comfortable to ride?