Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New 650 V2

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Originally posted by: Theshonk
Originally posted by: Chumley
Originally posted by: oledad
Been doing alot of research and the best mod Ive found is the swaybar.
Swaybar is fine if you are willing to give up some suspension travel. I'd rather have a bit of roll and keep the full travel.
This is an understatement the sway bar will greatly improve suspension performance. In addition the sway bar does not reduce suspension travel.

Shonk
Strange you should say that, because Arctic Cat say the anti-sway bar limits suspension travel. In fact I have never ever seen an anti-sway bar that didn't limit travel, if one wheel is up and the other is down, mainly because that's how they limit body roll. If both drop no, but that condition is on hard stop and go only.

I had my sway bar on and off numerous times with stock 26? Good years and 26? Big Horns. If there is a limit you would need to measure it in lavatory
Shonk

Ps Arctic Cat will say a lot of things

Old 12-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

In a lavatory?? I take leaks, not measurments in lavatorys. I bet you meant laboratory[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

Been doing alot of research and the best mod Ive found is the swaybar.
Swaybar is fine if you are willing to give up some suspension travel. I'd rather have a bit of roll and keep the full travel.
This is an understatement the sway bar will greatly improve suspension performance. In addition the sway bar does not reduce suspension travel.

Shonk
Strange you should say that, because Arctic Cat say the anti-sway bar limits suspension travel. In fact I have never ever seen an anti-sway bar that didn't limit travel, if one wheel is up and the other is down, mainly because that's how they limit body roll. If both drop no, but that condition is on hard stop and go only.

I had my sway bar on and off numerous times with stock 26? Good years and 26? Big Horns. If there is a limit you would need to measure it in lavatory
Shonk

Like I said, if both sides drop (like when you jack the machine up) there is no difference. If one side is up and the other is down, then an anti-sway bar has to limit thetravel, otherwise it wouldn't limit body sway.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Range Rover
Default New 650 V2

The sway bar will reduce travel by 1-1.5 inches at full articulation. But it will reduce body roll and the tippy feeling the artic cat has in every situation. All major brands come with this on their FIS system. The plus out weighs the minus many times over unless your sole thing is technical rock crawling.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

The sway bar will reduce travel by 1-1.5 inches at full articulation. But it will reduce body roll and the tippy feeling the artic cat has in every situation. All major brands come with this on their FIS system. The plus out weighs the minus many times over unless your sole thing is technical rock crawling.

Body roll isn't an issue for me. I don't ride fast enough to find it a problem and at slow speeds it just doesn't bother me. And just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right or better.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 650 V2

Originally posted by: v2rider
In a lavatory?? I take leaks, not measurments in lavatorys. I bet you meant labratory[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

What about a laboratory?

Old 12-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 650 V2

Including the fact that the sway bar will reduce travel. It would be advantageous for them to claim no loss in travel, not to say that it reduces it.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

In a lavatory?? I take leaks, not measurments in lavatorys. I bet you meant labratory[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

What about a laboratory?
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default New 650 V2

What about a laboratory?
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I did not mean ?labratory? L-A-B-O-R-A-T-O-R-Y is what I intended. A facility that provides controlled conditions in which measurement may be performed.
I take my leaks behind my shop.
I regret your bewilderment,

Shonk

Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Range Rover
Default New 650 V2

Body roll isn't an issue for me. I don't ride fast enough to find it a problem and at slow speeds it just doesn't bother me. And just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right or better.

Better is determend by the users, after talking to many and not one had anything but good things top say about it tends to make it a option Im willing to try. Its like everything else, if you dont feel you need what it does then dont buy it.