Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Snorkeling a 650V2

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snorkeling a 650V2

I only want to snorkel the vent hose coming from the airbox, and i just want to put a 45 degree 2" elbow on it so its hidden, and i dont have to cut plastic. Has anyone done it like this? And will that work? I dont have to snorkel the belt house? Im only doing this for power increase. Thanks for the replies

Old 01-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nobody??

Old 01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Range Rover

I havent done it, but I have been deciding what I want to do. If you want to do what you said, remove the storage box and you will see the airbox vent hose coming out the left side, you could cut it near the end and add your pvc, not sure why you think this would help peformance? If you want more air, then the vent must exit the body. The simple way to do this is cut out a hole in the front airbox over the air vent hose and add a 90 degree elbow and exit it up thru the removable plastic access door. This would protect the carbs from water injestion if you got in deeper water and give more air too.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know it adds more power, when you go from a 1 1/2 " tube to a 2" tube, and rejet (in my case i ordered Dial-A-Jet) you get more fuel and more air. Ive seen in first hand, and if you go to Arcticchat.com, they will tell you the same. Ive seen sammydoggs setup, and its exactly what im talking about. So i know i can do it now. Now im looking at my machine, and it looks like i have to take the front rack and the whole front plastic assembly off!!! Now its becoming more work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Range Rover

I just said you will get more air if its out of the body rather than inside the plastic. More air in and bigger jets will also need a free flowing exhaust to maximise performance.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the tips! I dont think i will do anything to the exaust, as i like it quiet. I will see how i like the snorkel, and jet, and go from there. It looks like i have some work ahead of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I don't think you have to take off the front rack and plastic, however it might help. I am sure you seen it already but that one thread on Arctic Chat shows how to install MANY different kids of snorkels. Even a turd like you can do it!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 01-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]!!!!

Im going to snorkel both the belt and airbox. Im already into it, so i better do both, and just take the front airbox out of the picture. I just went online to see what kind of price im going to pay for the hose im going to cut, for when i have to return it to stock. Its only a 20 dollar hose. Im going to take the hose from the airbox, and cut it so it just 90s up from th airbox. This should work, unless you disagree Catterman. Should i install the dial-a-jets first? Or will i be OK doing this snorkel first? I havnt recieved the jet yet.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Got Milk!

Not quite sure I understand what you are doing, are you saying that you are just going to take the 2" flexy hose that comes out of the airbox and cut it, then rout it up higher? PM me your email address and I can send you picts. This is that thread you NEED to read, it will take about 30 minutes to read it all, but you will see what other V2 owners have done. http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/ind...ic=21803&st=60

Also, if you go with 2" you will need to rejet, but should be fine until you get your jets in. If nothing else, grab some duct tape and tape over a part of the snorkel opening to make it 1.5" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Got Milk!

V2, I found your email address, and I see you just send me it! Now I know what you are talking about. I would go ahead and cut, if all esle fails it is only $20 to go back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Snorkeling a 650V2