Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

BKT Wings

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BKT Wings

I was at the dealer the other day looking for a set of tires to go on a H1. The sales guy was showing me these BKT Wings. They are a little heavier than Mudlites But they look good and I like the aggresive look to them. Looks don't mean anything so what I'm asking is, does anyone have these tires and how do they perform? I'm looking at picking up a set. I ride in mud, snow, and trails.

If anyone has any other suggestion of the type of tire that would work well that would be great.

Springer

Old 04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default BKT Wings

just keep your stock tires and drink red bull{RED BULL GIVES YOU WINGS} ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default BKT Wings

Originally posted by: springer2000
I was at the dealer the other day looking for a set of tires to go on a H1. The sales guy was showing me these BKT Wings. They are a little heavier than Mudlites But they look good and I like the aggresive look to them. Looks don't mean anything so what I'm asking is, does anyone have these tires and how do they perform? I'm looking at picking up a set. I ride in mud, snow, and trails.

If anyone has any other suggestion of the type of tire that would work well that would be great.

Springer
I checked those out a while back, not to discourage you but I didn't like that wide side lug at the end of the 'V', it would inhibit the tread from throwing the mud out to the side, also, the tread looks like it would pack up, and if I remember correctly a 25" tire only has 1/2 deep tread.
I read a report of some testing and one of the top tires were "Dirt Devils", Innova "MudGear" has almost the identical pattern but with a tad more agressive side lug, and you can get a 25" tire with 3/4 inch tread depth.

Check the two links below, good prices too. (free shipping on MudGears)

http://www.nebraskatire.com/atv/gear/mud_gear.htm

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20...Cat/MudCat.htm

Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default BKT Wings

I just bought 8 of them, they work very nice plowing snow, now I cant wait to go play in the mud, just dont drive on your lawn if its wet lol,because they do make the marks, the wife used to yell at me now that we got her a wheeler,and put those tires on, she digs up the yard and I sit back and smile at her,because she cant yell at me any more lol. I look at her and point at the marks, Just thinking to myself lol

Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default BKT Wings

I like the looks of the wings for an all purpose tire.
Another tire to check out would be HighLifters Outlaw MST. I've been researching these since they were first released and will be picking up a set this summer.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default BKT Wings

ok, Im the one that bought 8 of them, Im not happy about my 2 back ones, was checking the cat out before the trip on the soo line and I dont even have 2 miles on them and the backs already have major cracks in the side walls. Cant figure out why only 2 out of the 8, taking them back where I bought them to see if they want to replace them or see if they have problems with that size,

Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default BKT Wings

Originally posted by: booboobear
ok, Im the one that bought 8 of them, Im not happy about my 2 back ones, was checking the cat out before the trip on the soo line and I dont even have 2 miles on them and the backs already have major cracks in the side walls. Cant figure out why only 2 out of the 8, taking them back where I bought them to see if they want to replace them or see if they have problems with that size,
booboobear - can you lift heavy things? - lol

I am going to steal your rear drop rack. If you need parts, my garage door is not locked - lol....

Old 04-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default BKT Wings

Originally posted by: Scott7493
I like the looks of the wings for an all purpose tire.
Another tire to check out would be HighLifters Outlaw MST. I've been researching these since they were first released and will be picking up a set this summer.
I read a report on testing the MST's, they are very highly rated - good price tag too..

Old 04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default BKT Wings

thanks for the information buck, if they dont take them tires back I know where I can get 2 nice ones lol,

Old 04-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default BKT Wings

Originally posted by: booboobear
thanks for the information buck, if they dont take them tires back I know where I can get 2 nice ones lol,
Just leave me your old ones so that I can at least drive around in my driveway - hehehe

Quick Reply: BKT Wings