Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2008 Arctic Cat Thundercat with 188lbs torque!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Arctic Cat Thundercat with 188lbs torque!!!

UPDATE - It will be called the Thundercat - and has 188lbs of torque!!! Dry weight of 712lbs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It is a 95occ engine...

Arctic Cat website has the lineup listed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Okay, I don't know what you all are hearing, but the latest news is that AC will make a 700 H1 AND 950 V2's! Both with EFI, and some kind of power steering.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

Cattleman,
With reference to EFI on the H1, Are you familiar with dial-a-jet. From what I can gather it helps carbs get some of the bennefits of EFI. Quicky adjust for altitude changes, better gas distribution and a bunch of other stuff etc. I don't have one but have done some reading about it and I may post a request for feedback from guys that do have one. It may not be EFI but could possibly be the next best thing if you have a carb - of which I prefer because I can work on a carb and I don't have the skills to work on EFI.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

Yeh, if you do a lot of changes in altitude dial a jet is pretty sweet.

My service manager told me a couple weeks ago that "they are building something bigger than 800", but he didn't know what they are putting it in. I'm betting IF it's a 950, that it goes in the Prowler. I'm pretty pumped for a new V2, I REALLY dig the powerband of the two cylinder.

Also- if you want an EFI H1, why not go with the 700?

Old 06-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Range Rover
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

I know everything I've been hearing is looking down the barrel of a 950. My question is.. is it necessary? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Legendary

I know everything I've been hearing is looking down the barrel of a 950. My question is.. is it necessary? [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Oh no, here we go again. This will really stir things up. There are a thousand different opinions on this and there have been some heated discussions.
I suppose in the right machine it is something that can be utilized. But my opinion to put something that big in a UTILITY Quad with a 50 inch wheel base is a tad overkill. I will say it again so that no one goes sideways on this - it is my OPINION.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

I would love to see a 750V2.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: v2rider

I would love to see a 750V2.</end quote></div>

aye.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

Dial a jet's can work good, but again it takes some knowledge to get them all set in, and even so it isn't an altitude ajustment device, so you still have to switch jets if you go through extreams. I like EFI cause it starts right up, runs smoother, and is less work. I do realize that some people like the carbs as they can tinker them towards their liking though.

I'm with Chum and v2, a 750 would be about perfect [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: buckaroo50

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Legendary

I know everything I've been hearing is looking down the barrel of a 950. My question is.. is it necessary? [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Oh no, here we go again. This will really stir things up. There are a thousand different opinions on this and there have been some heated discussions.

I suppose in the right machine it is something that can be utilized. But my opinion to put something that big in a UTILITY Quad with a 50 inch wheel base is a tad overkill. I will say it again so that no one goes sideways on this - it is my OPINION.</end quote></div>

I'm not pulling your chain but there is always more than one reason for more horsepower. I had a 400AC and sold it because it didn't have enough power. I've since switched to a Rhino and use it daily around the 23 acres we live on. I would welcome a 950 V twin Prowler to use around here just because it would have more pulling power. Everyone equates bigger engines with going faster. It also means more torque.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 2008 Arctic Cats

That would be impressive to take your machine out, and straight up uproot a tree from the ground in front of your buddies with their 400s[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2008 Arctic Cat Thundercat with 188lbs torque!!!