Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

thunder cat

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder cat

anyone own or seen the new thundercat 1000 if so what do you think

Old 09-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default thunder cat

my dealer said they should be expecting a couple by nov. dec. hopefully there is no delay cuz i cant wait to see it.

well i called to find out for sure. they dont know for sure now. dangit! got my hopes up.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Range Rover
Default thunder cat

Has anyone else heard anything different? I was kind of hoping to have mine by October, especially since Iowa is pretty close to where they are made. Any ohter thoughts?

Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Range Rover
Default thunder cat

Just found a top speed for the 950 in atv rider magazine of 75mph. It says it gets there pretty quick and then just stops going faster, so it is likely electronically limited. The article also says that acrtic cat conducted asphalt drags against all the 450's and a renegade 800, and will beat them all, at least on the road. Just an udate for those of you who want to know.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Range Rover
Default thunder cat

Check this out! click on the video link that says "ride test", it looks like it kinda runs good,,,it can spin the tires!! woohoo!!

http://www.atvscene.com/machin...thundercat9501-08.html

Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thunder cat

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Crankdog

Just found a top speed for the 950 in atv rider magazine of 75mph. It says it gets there pretty quick and then just stops going faster, so it is likely electronically limited. The article also says that acrtic cat conducted asphalt drags against all the 450's and a renegade 800, and will beat them all, at least on the road. Just an udate for those of you who want to know.</end quote></div>

The 75mph top speed must be electronically limited like you mentioned. After watching the video and seeing the spec sheet, I can only imagine that it would be no problem for this machine to reach 85+ mph or better. I was at the local AC dealer the other day to look at the speed point attachment system and talked with them about when would the get the Thundercat. They said mid to late October however, the owner was standing right there and he was at AC test facility a few weeks ago and got to ride the new Thundercat. All he told me was...........HOLY COW!!!!!!! He said they had a the renegage800, a bf750, a polaris sp800 and then new griz 700efi. He said it was not even close over 200 yards. The thundercat was about 7 quad lengths ahead of the renegage800 and the bf750 was about 2 quad lenghts behind that followed by the polaris 800 about 1 quad length behind and the griz700 another coulple of quad lenghts behind the polaris.

He said it handled supprisingly well and didn't feel any bigger than the other quads, but he did mention that the low and mid power was totally unbelievable. He has an order for 5 and he doesn't take holds. They are first come first served.

I have 4 cats in the house, but sounds like a "new kitty" might be coming my way in the spring.......................LOL.................. ..Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........we need to talk. LOL............please with sugar on top?????/

Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Range Rover
Default thunder cat

Thanks for the info 700vtwinman. I have been kind of suprised that no one is talking about the thundercat any more. I know that until they are out, everything is just speculation, but I can hardly wait to get mine, and I like to find out everything I can about it before I have it. Anyone else on the forum have one lined up?

Old 09-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default thunder cat

AC's Thundercat 1000 snowmobile goes well over 100 mph. You run those machines on frozen lakes where you have miles of flat open space ahead of you. I would think the ATV version would be capable of similar speed, but I have trouble seeing a use for that much power on an "all terrain" machine.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thunder cat

I would like to see the thundercat motor in the prowler. That would be awesome.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default thunder cat

I would imagine this is going to be one of those instances that once the aftermarket get their grubby paws on the computer controlling the various limits and parameters that AC has put into the 950 there will be a new ECU produced that will probably do away with any top end restrictions and most likely increase power over what the factory has dialed in.

On the other hand, one may run into some inherent speed limitations of the CVT systems and gearing at some point. I'm not sure how all that works exactly.

Quick Reply: thunder cat