Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

A few new pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001 | 12:25 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

I added about 7 new pictures tonight. Nothing special, mainly for tire clearance purposes. There are a couple full length shots though. I also included a shot of the homemade rear skid. Nothing fancy, just gets the job done.

For anyone wondering about 27" tire clearance without a lift kit, I have front an rear pictures for that purpose only.

Old 01-04-2001 | 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

Andy:
Hey, nice new pics-I take it those are the ones with the digital you mentioned in the other post? Look good, nice and clean! Tell me that oil ain't from the 'Cat. Oh yeah, nice reindeer! Heh heh Heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

Take care,

Mike

Old 01-04-2001 | 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

The chrome wheels just give that bike the extra touch it needs. They just make the tires look a heck of a lot better.

Old 01-04-2001 | 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Good pics Andy, one thing I noticed though is the mud\grime splashed on the rear fenders coming, I suppose, from the front tires. One thing I thought was important when picking out the Cat was the fender extensions covering the tires so I don't get a mud bath while riding. I have been very happy with my fenders over the stock tires but it looks like your 27"ers throw a little more around. They do look pretty tough though.

Lance

Old 01-04-2001 | 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Good observation there Lance. It kind of depends on the type of mud you're in, but yeah, those things REALLY throw their share of mud/snow, anything else in their path. You ought to see some of the huge chunks that come off my 'Claws after riding in the heavy clay type mud up behind our elk camp. Overall, they do a pretty good job of throwing the stuff out and away from you, but I have been hit a few times with some good sized mud *****. All good fun though!

Mike

Oh, and thanks to Boner, Trx430EX (?) for replying on how to get that clickable link. I tried what you said in the first post, and it worked! Thanks for the tips, though I can't seem to find my post now, it seemed to work alright. I'll try to get those pics developed today and up tonight, thanks again!

Old 01-04-2001 | 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mike!
Tell me how to do the clickable link?

Old 01-04-2001 | 09:09 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

That queer looking reindeer wasn't anything that I paid money for. Stupid thing. Just a Redneck yard ornament. Christmas is over and that S.O.B. is going back in the garage!

Old 01-04-2001 | 09:10 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Best thing about them is the added offset in the rear. Not much of a worry scraping the tires on the muffler any more.

Where the hell did you come from? A wild hair or what. You never post anymore.

Old 01-04-2001 | 09:12 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

Melted snow my friend. Turns the dirt roads into a mud bath. I had that crap all over my legs, and I was trying to keep them in away from it. Not a problem at slow speeds, but at 30+ heading back home on a muddy dirt road, it will let you have it. Fender extentions would probably work wonders.

Old 01-04-2001 | 09:14 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

They will chunk the gravel too! I've nailed my cousin in the chest with a rock before and he was trailing 30 yards behind. Probably the same day I took that picture of the idiot fishtailing the honda. I think that was about the same time I hit him.

Quick Reply: A few new pics