Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

custom cow pusher for cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cowboy, it was a little one, you could still make out spots (barely). I think I came up on it fast enough it was too scared to move. I'm just glad it didn't decide to stand up, or jump!

One comment on a cow pusher when hitting a ton bull with a 600lb ATV. I think your cousin was lucky NOT to have one. I would imagine running over the bull was better than slamming into it & coming to a sudden stop. Even if he wasn't hurt by the impact, he would still only be 6 inches away from a very ticked off animal.

BTW, you would blend right in here with your 'armarment'. In fact, half the neighbors wouldn't give you a second look, even with a swivel mounted Browning rattlegun on the front rack. They would likely figure you were either with me or my cousin (he even hunts with hounds yet). Take care.

Old 01-12-2001, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

cowboy,

one thing i like better than my ac is guns. i see you and i have the same feeling toward the big 50 bmg. you know for around $6500 you can get a semi auto version of the M2 .50 caliber mg. with that mf pintle mounted on your cat you would definitely be topcat and top atv for that matter.
actually before i bought my ac i kicked around the idea of getting a barrett m82, m90, m99, mcmillian m87, or pauza p50, but the uncertainty of who would become our next president made me decide to get the cat. if i would have known gwb was going to win, i wouldn't be chatting with you right now--i'd be the owner of the most powerful gun in fayette county.
i recently attended the hunter's extravanganza and i saw a photo of a prairie dog shot with a 50 at 1762 yards (1 mile+ 2 yards) needless to say it was hard to distinguish between head and tail. the power of the 50 is absolutely unbelievable. with an 800 grain bullet it develops 25000 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle while the .460 weatherby "only" has 8000 with a 500 grain solid. i have seen it penetrate 3" 'bulletproof' glass, cast iron man hole covers, and bank safes.
the only bad thing about the 50 is cost of ammo and it is actually illegal (yet not enforced) by batf standards. this is because the atf has outlawed onwnership without a license of modern rifles with a bore diameter greater than 50 caliber and the 50 bmg has a bore diameter of .510 inches. if gore would have won, there would conceivably be no more civilian owned 50 bmgs.

havagoodun.

ryan

Old 01-13-2001, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

A prairie dog at 1762 yards! Damn! Man, what kind of optics were on that thing??? Man, sounds like you really know your weapons-good man! I too would like to acquire a few extra "toys" but currently don't have the cash needed for such pleasures. Hell, still trying to come up with the money for a new .22-250 Rem. VSSF with 8.5x25 Leupold long range target for prairie dogs, ground squirrels and such.

Farmr:
Man, sounds like I might have to move out your way! Heh Heh Heh. I think you're right though about the bumper on the front of the 'Cat. Had he hit the big brahma with the bumper and come to a dead stop, yeah the critter might have been knocked over, but I'm sure he'd be mad as hell when he got back up, and being so close would not have been a good combination! Funny though, I can still picture that thing with the titan 489 lugs imprinted in his side-you guys should have seen it, it was hilarious! Well, after we got far enough away to realize what had just happened anyway.

Mike

Old 01-13-2001, 03:23 AM
Trailblazer

This is my first time on the forum.Ill try to make it short.Boner,i was reading one of your replies about an articcat 400 4X4 with oxlite bumper and 27"vampires,I believe his name was brad? I tried to reply but couldnt.I also have an artic cat 400 4X4 01 model,I bought in august 2000.I really like it wish i would of bought the 500.My question is can a 400 run the 27"mud tires without always running in low range?I have the stock 489 tires on right now,but would like to step up to a bigger tire such as 26",27",in a 589 or blackwaters.Any replies greatly appreciated.thanks

Old 01-13-2001, 06:21 AM
Pro Rider

When trail riding he would use high range most of the time unless he wanted to go slow, but in mud low range is an almost must with those tires on that bike.

I've been seeing 400's(non modded) with 28" Outlaws in pictures lately so I think that the 27" vamps are do able.

If you want his wheels tell me, I have some JUST like that I will part with them if you want. I want stock wheels instead of the ITP wheels.

Old 01-13-2001, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

cowboy,

i currently have a remington vs .220 swift and i have it topped with a simmons 6.5-20 x 44mm target scope (it has them big *****). the rifle weighs 14 pounds with the harris bipod attached and it's a real tack driver. i got the scope new for $150 and got a outers varminter rest ($60 value) for free. when you get your 22-250 don't be fooled by the moly coated bullets because they don't actually do what their manufacturers claim. just stick with uncoated 50 grain hornady v-max or the remington 50 grain ballistic tip and you will seriously explode varmints.

good luck

ryan