Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New utility 250 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New utility 250 2008

Got a new A/C utility 250 2x4, fast enough for her & the kids. Looking for a better rear tire for mud that doesn't void the warranty. she got 2 yrs on there. Any other problems anyone know about on 250's?? Thanks, Mike

Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 PM

First off tires should not void you warranty unless they dirrectly caused the problem that you are trying to get covered under warranty.

I like Mudlites. They are a somewhat agressive mud tire. They are like the name says lite. Some mud tires tend to get heavy weight wise.

I am pretty sure you machine takes 22x7x10 Fronts & 22 x 10 x10 Rears. The Mudlites are available in 22x8x10 for the front & 22x11x10 for the rear. You may also consider going up to 23" even.

Here is a list of the Mudlites we offer Mudlite Size List.

Have a Good One,

Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

on my 2007 650 H1 I went 2 in. taller and wider on front and rear because the mud I ride in is deep. only had a 6mo. warr. on it and MANY people have told me that changing tires ( other than what the dealer sells) voids the warr. wheather its broke or not. Still have the original tires and rims incase I need them.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM

Most dealers should honor your warranty even if you change the tires. Just so long the change isn't the reason for the problem.

Have a Good One,

Old 04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who make's the engine on the 2007 250 , if it's a Suzuki Engine you have a good one my cousin's first quad was a 1989 Suzuki LT4WD 250 Quad Runner ; about a year later i think it was the summer of 1990 we went down a creek we rode every summer !

We went as far as we could go and turned around and headed back to the truck , when i came to a spot in the creek i stopped and ask my cousin ; wihat side we took coming down he said you were driving !

I told him i didn't remember , and he said go to the right side ; i should've gone to the left when he said right ; but i went to the right and the next thing i knew water came up to my neck stalling out the Suzuki instantly !

I said get off and when he did the quad bobbed out of the water , i got off and drug the Suzuki onto a sand bar and watched water pour out of everthing ; i told my cousin we had a long walk back to the truck !

Now here i am a double bilateral amputee ( both leg's off just below the knee's ) and we were 2 mile's down this creek without a paddle , my cousin told me to try to start the engine up ; and i told him it would just be a waste of time and run down his battery but i tried it anyway !

When i turned over the engine water started blowing out the exhaust pipe and it wouldn't hit a lick , i told him we might as well start back to the truck ; i had to hop crawl and swim back up the creek to the truck !

When i hit a deep pool that i could swim through it was easier going for me , it was getting late and i started seeing water snake's swimming up the creek in front of us ; and it was to say the least a little scary ; but i didn't dare tell my cousin about the snake's i knew he would get out of the creek and walk around the bank leaving me in the creek to go it alone !

After we got to the truck i ask him if he saw the snake's swimming up the creek in front of us ? He said just what i knew he would , that he would've gotten out of the creek and walked around the bank back to the truck ; i told him that was why i didn't tell him about the snake's !

I almost broke what was left of my leg's when me and my brother went back down the creek to tow the Suzuki out , there was a spot in the creek where a big tree was down across the creek blocking the way ; and on the way back in the dark i rode up to this huge tree before i could see it !

I told my brother i would have to push him back and he would have to undo the chain untill i got up this slick creek bank , then i would use the wench to pull him up the bank ; but he said just back up then get a running start at the bank !

I told him that my 350 Foreman had bad tire's on it and it would just barely make it up the bank alone , and no way would it pull itself and the Suzuki up the bank ; he said if you're chicken then let him pull me !

Well he made me mad and i told him i would show him it wouldn't make it , i got a good long run at the bank and made it 3/4 the way up the bank then the tire's started spinning ; when the Foreman slide back into the creek the rear tire's dug into the creekbed and it started back up the bank with slack in the chain !

When it got to the end of the chain this big heavy 350 Foreman's front wheel's came off the ground and back into the creekbed almost on top of me , the only thing that saved me from having this huge thing coming down into the creekbed on top of me was a lone tree stump sticking up about 3 foot out of the side of the bank ; but when it came back i kicked myself away from the quad and the handle bar's hit both my stump's !

When i landed in the creekbed i was in major pain , i thought my leg was broken it hurt so bad ; my brother ask me if i was ok i said no i was hurt and i told him what he dreaded to hear the old " I Told You So " !

We didn't get the Suzuki out that night my brother told me he was sorry as he was turning the Foreman back onto it's wheel's , then he helped me onto the quad and told me to let him drive ; but i was hurting so bad i couldn't hold onto anything but the handle bar's without terrible pain !

I had to backup pushing the Suzuki back far enough to make a run at the hill , once i got on top of the creek bank my brother got on and i started around the downed tree and back into the creekbed ; my brother kept asking me if i was going to pass out and i kept telling him i was hurting to bad to pass out !

When we got back to the truck my cousin and my older brother were there in his truck waiting on us to come out with his Suzuki , i told my brother randall to take me to the ER ; and told my brother dan he would have to remove the control's from my truck and drive it home !

After 4 or 5 hour's waiting in the ER one of the Nurses that knew me when i was in the hospital when i lost my leg's , she could see i was in pain real bad ; she grabbed one of the ER Doctor's by the arm and told him to help me now !

3 or 4 hour's and exrays and one pain pill later i was still in pain , the exrays showed no broken bone's ; but i could feel another crack in my knee cap and i didn't stop hurting untill they rolled me to my brother's truck !

I spent 3 days in bed before i could go outside the start drying out my cousin's Suzuki , but i did get it going for him in about 6 hour's ; so Suzuki's are stuff as nail's and Mudbug just keep your original tire's and put them back on if something happens to your H1 before you take it to the Dealer for warranty work !

And i think Suzuki build's the 250 Engine or they did in 2004 , if it's not a Suzuki it might be a Klymco they make a good engine's to ; Klymco make's a good quad they supplied the engine's for the small Arctic Cat's for year's untill Suzuki bought stock in AC !

So if it's a Suzuki Engine or a Klymco you have a good quad in the 250 2x4 , i think you will love it ; good luck and forgive me for the long reply !......

Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Please don't worry about the length of the reply, there are many things I need to read & HEAR ABOUT in this world.
It is the klymko but damn I had fun in the mud and trails on it today. Compared to the 650 its so light and easy to throw around, esp. in flat muddy stuff. the tires on the 650( if you saw the pics) are really aggresive and dont slide around much. But I WILL be able to drag her but out when she gets stuck.
Forgot to mention nailed the gas from dead stop & almost fliped the thing. Caught me by suprise...
Safe riddin to ya Willabee
Mike

Got family all over the atlanta area from the race track in so. side to peidmont pk. area and up to Ellijay.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey mike if you're ever up here North Ga. i ride the Windy Gap and Rock Creek trail system in Murray County , that's just west of Ellijay if you're not familar with this area you can find it on the Ga ORV web site ; you would know me because i'm the 54 yr old man with no leg's below the knee's riding a 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Auto ATV Dark Green is the color i chose and i love this cat !

I haven't been on these trail's since May 2006 when i blew the pump seal in my 87' Chevy S10 Tahoe Longbed Pickup coming down the mountain from the Rock Creek riding area , it cost me $90 to get hauled back to Dalton from Alt. 52 at Foth Mountain ; the wreaker service that was on call with the Murray County Sheriffs Department charged me $40 to haul me from the intersection of Old Federal Road and Alt. 52 to a friut stand where he left me in the dark to wait on a Roll Back to come from Dalton to haul me home !

I was stranded halfway out into the highway afraid i was going to be hit by a car coming off of Fort Mountain , i had to call 911 and wait on a Deputy Sheriffs Patrol Car to park behind me with his light's on ; this wreaker service called A & R Body Shop located at 700 N. 2nd Ave.Chatsworth , Ga. 30705 Allan Davenport Owner phone 706 - 695 - 0092 ripped off a Handycapped Vet. they heard over the radio that i only had $40 on me at the time ; after he moved me from the road about 1000 yrds to this fruit stand i asked him how much did i owed him his reply was $40.00 !

I got in touch with my brother who called R & R Wreaker & Towing Service P.O. Box 6056 1705 - A SOUTH DIXIE HWY. Dalton Ga. 30722 Phone ( 706 ) 279 - 4290 , R & R came from Dalton to Chatsworth and hauled me all the way home for $50.00 ; this all happened to me on 05 - 29 - 2006 at 11:35 PM ; R & R got to me 05 - 30 - 2006 at 1:00 AM so what ever you do if you have a breakdown don't call A & R Body Shop for towing they are dirty low down dogs !

This is the first time i've given this info on the way i was treated by Murray County and A & R Body Shop , so it's my way to warn other's of these crooked people ; they thought no one would ever know about this my mom told me i should've had this story put in the Daily Citizen our local news paper !

Murray County hasn't been very good for me it was here in Murray County where i lost my leg's on March 2nd 1975 , but i have to say the local EMT unit that had been formed a week before i lost my leg's saved my life transporting me from Chatsworth to Dalton's Hamilton Medical Center after i was hit from behind while trying to help a freind push his Dad's car out of the road after he ran out of gas !

I was caught between the bumper's of a Classic 1958 Chevrolet Impala and an Oldsmobile cutting both leg's off just below the knee's and 2 compond fracture's of both femure's , that's why i said my Mom told me Murray County hasn't been a very good place for me to be ; but i love riding the Mountain's in Murray County to much to stay away for long !

Back to your 2008 AC 250 2x4 , Klymco build's as good an Engine and ATV as any of the Japanese quad's ; they're manufactured in Tawain there was a link to a web site early this year where they where they were testing all brand's of ATV's in Denmark !

I can't remember the site or i would see if it's still on the net , they tested the Klymco ATV and it was a great quad that cost less than the Japanese quad's but they were as stuff as all of them ; so i don't think you'll be sorry you bought one !

I wouldn't hesitate buying one for myself , up to 2005 Suzuki built the Engine for the 250's and 300's ; but AC dropped these from the 2006 model lineup of 4x4's !

So good luck and have fun with the 250 , and i was about to get the 650 H1 when i bought my AC 400 but i didn't need the power of the 650 H1 ; so i chose the 400 Auto and i wasn't interested in an Auto i wanted the manual but the Dealer was out of the manual's with 4WD and this was on Feb. 7th 2006 the dealer only had 3 of the 400's in stock at the time !

I didn't think the Auto's would be tuff enough for me , and my Dealer told me she could get a manual shift for me but it would take about a week to get one from another Dealer in TN ; plus it would cost $100.00 more than the Auto whtch cost more than the manual shift model !

My Dealer told me that she hadn't had one of the 400 or 500 auto's brought in for a belt or clutch issue since she started selling them in 2001 , she told me i would love the Auto because i wouldn't have to mount a hand shifter onto the foot shifter like i had to do on my first 2 quad's that were manual geared shift with the semi auto clutch ; and she tolsl me if i had a problem with the belt or clutch on the 400 auto she would cover it herself untill i get it paid off and that will be 2010 her word was enough for me to buy one !

My Dealer use to race motocross in the late 60's and early 70's , starting out when she was 4 yrs old riding Can Am bike's that she built and set up herself she was very successfull in racing beating all the boy's in her age group and class ; and after Moto Cross she went on to drive in Bush Series Racing for 10 yrs. she wasn't as successfull in Nascar as she was in Moto Cross but she was a great driver and owned , built , maintained and setup her own car's she still has her " Kirk Racing " Interprize only now she sponsers other young Moto Cross rider's !

You can't go to her Dealership without running into some of the young rider's there getting advice and help setting up their KTM's , i got a good deal on my AC 400 i looked at some in TN and all the Dealers wanted from $500 to $800 over Kirks Cycle ; Tammy sold me the 2006 AC 400 Auto for $100 over her cost and there were no Dealers from Honda , Suzuki , Yamaha or Polaris who offered me a deal like this one plus she got me financed for 5.9 percent fixed rate !

The lowest Honda , Suzuki , Yamaha and Polaris rate was a variable rate of 9.8 percent that could go up after the first 6 months , i was to wariy of these sales events ; and i went to the Dealership to order a carb rebuild kit for my old 93' Suzuki LT4WD 300 KQ i got all my part's for my 86' Honda TRX350 Foreman and the Suzuki KQ from Tammy because she gave me a discount on my parts and she had the lowest price in Noth Ga. for all brand's !

The Klymco is a very good Engine and Quad for that matter , Arctic Cat wouldn't be selling them if they weren't ; the 650 V Twin Yamaha powered AC had a gearing problem in 2004 or 2005 but they had it fixed with the 2006 model and everyone were surprized when AC dropped the V Twin in 2007 !

Mike if there's anything i can help you with just post it here or start another thread , i don't know it all and don't claim to ; if i can't help there are plenty of good people on the forum's who will know and will help you out !

One other thing get a can of Sea Foam and Deep Creep to treat your gas and oil , and follow the directions on the can this stuff has been on the market since 1942 and has a money back Garranttee ; Sea Foam in you fuel will keep the entire Fuel System clean and also keep the Combustion Chamber free from carbom deposit's in the combustion chamber and keep your fuel fresh longer !

You can get Sea Foam at most all Auto Parts Stores , and Walmart carries it as well i have a 88' GMC S1500 Jimmy 4x4 MPV that i had to let sit up for a year and a half while i was saving up for part's after it jumped time in my driveway ; it had almost a full tank of gas 21 gallons at over $3.00 a gallon i poured a 16 oz can into the fuel tank and had my brothers shake the Jmmy untill it mixed with the gas !

After i got the part's and had it fixed i fired it up and it ran as good as it did when i put the gas in the Jimmy , it had been smoking after it warmed up before it jumped time and i hoped the new timing chain and gear set installed would stop the smoking ; but after i got it going and drove it about 20 mile's it started smoking again when i would stop at a traffic light it would blow out a cloud of white and blue smoke from the exhaust on take off and clear up once i got going !

I asked the guy who repaired the Jimmy if the stretched timing chain could cause the engine to smoke like it did before it jumped time , he told me that a new timing chain and gear set wouldn't stop it from smoking he said that would be the ring's sticking when the engine got hot ; i was going to sell the Jimmy as soon as i got my S10 Pickup transmission seal's installed the same mehcanic was doing the repair work on the S10 !

Just a week before he got the S10 fixed i had burned a half tank of fuel , and i went to a gas station where i topped off the tank for what i hoped to be the last time ; on the way back home i had to stop at a traffic light when it turned green to go i looked into the driverside mirrow expecting to see the smoke cloud but this time there was no smoke and it hasn't smoked in over a year now !

The Sea Foam had cleaned out the combustion chamber of built up carbon deposit's that was causing the ring's to stick after it warmed up , when i think back on all the old Classic Auto's i owned over the year's from the late 50's and 60's that went to the car crusher and a early death it make's me want to cry ; i'll never junk another engine without trying some Sea Foam first !.......