Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC WARRANTY

HDTRIGGER do you agree that is unfair that AC conveniatley changed their terms and is now offering all full 2 year warranty when 6 months ago all i could get was 6 months?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AC WARRANTY

it really doesnt suprise me.i beleive there sales have really took a big hit lately with the recesion/depresion were falling into.wouldnt suprise me if the incentives keep getting better trying to move products.i do beleive summer time is ther best time for sales,hence the small promotions.it will be interesting to see what happens this summer with the recssion were in!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

Maybe you guys should check around a see just howA/C treats there customers. The warrentys are only as good as the dealers. Unless A/C does some serious house cleaning I dont see them being around much longer in the atv biz, they cut to many corners on quality and then when they have a problem, like with the frames they try to denie it, and say your the first, or that you abused the bike or whatever. Then you find out that there is 100's of others with the same problem. I have owned 2 cats and was very happy with both till theframe and bushing issues came about. And then to have Travis try to tell me I vioded the warrenty when the dealer put the titan 589's on that A/C (a/c they dont deserve caps) advertizes in their catalog. I bought me a new Griz with a 4 year warrenty for under 8,000. I am done with a/c except for the suites.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

I have seen those titan 589 tires in the AC accesory book. they said they would not cover the bushings on your bike because of those tires?

Old 02-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Default AC WARRANTY

It really just depends on your dealer. I have broken 2 axles with 27" 589s on my 500 and i brought it in with the tires on it and never said anything. After they fixed it i said to him," I figured you wouldnt warrenty it b/c of the tires." He said it didn't matter to him b/c he still gets paid and if he wants my business then he'll do what he can for me. well a few years later i bought another bike from him. He also replaced all of my shocks under warrent b/c i couldnt get them to adjust, as well as brake work.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

My dealer as a rule is very good to do warranty stuff but in this situation his hands are tied cause it is AC who changed the terms. AC is looking into giving me the warranty that everyone else is getting right now. I just hope they are able to come up with something.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

I just purchased a 2008 leftover 650 H1. The warranty is as follows. The first 6 months are covered by Artic Cat and pretty much bumper to bumper and the remaining 18 months are covered by Cat Care which is kind of a hired warranty company. They are very particular on what they cover and there is a $50 deductible. The dealer told me that this would pretty much just cover the drive train. Oh! Always put your original tires on before taking your machine to a dealer.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default AC WARRANTY

cragle1, thats exactly what my a/c dealer told me, about the original tires..

Old 03-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

T Cat, they would not cover the frame, even though they have covered 100's the frames are junk, they have a low carbon steel that is not to be used in frames. They supposedly changed steel in late 05 but still sold me another junk frame made out of the same stuf, it lasted 3 weeks before it started cracking and now refuse too replace that one also.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default AC WARRANTY

By the way also had a 07 tested the steel in it was only1010 steel also a low carbon steel. So my predictions is that they will also start doing the same thing.

Quick Reply: AC WARRANTY