Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

4x4 Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was one Mags opinion,than there was Dirtwheel's shootout which gave the win to the SP and the Rubicon just edging out the 500 Magnum for 2nd lucky for them the grizzly was not involved or it may have seen 3rd.I wish they would stop drag racing these things and just tie them together and let us know who is the pull of king ,than you may see some of the farther placed machines move right up on there shootout results.

Old 02-12-2001, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

What the atv mags should do it take all the new atv's for every new year model....and ride the livin crap out of them....I mean abuse the things for what ever length of time it takes...and the one left standing is the new king for that year.....what do you guys think?....Nothing like the real world. *smile*

Old 02-13-2001, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

From a dead stop on pavement my ruby would flip you over.

Old 02-13-2001, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

goattrotter what have you been smoking? I attempted a hitch to hitch pull off with a Rubi and the owner said "no I might break my rearend" When we hitched up to a sled with packed sand as the base he couldn't budge it. I and an SP500 were the only full pulls. I beat the SP in the 2WD pull by 25 feet.

Old 02-13-2001, 04:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, more like your Ruby would crap and fall back in it. If you really look at it, there really isn't much more you can do with one 4x4 that you cant with the other. If you break it down, there is something that one quad can normally do better than another. I could pull the teeth out of my friends Big Bear 400, but he can manuever through a few tight trees that I have to go around or make a couple of stabs at. A rubicon can probably smoke a 325 magnum, but the 4wd system on the small magnum will give it a traction advantage that will have the Ruby owner screaming for a locker kit. I mean, I can look at my 500 and say it is so much better than my friends Honda 300 4x4, but other than ground clearance issues such as rock climbing, there really isn't anywhere I can go that he can't follow.

ATV's are just like cars, trucks, golf clubs, athletic shoes, and anything else. It normally comes down to personal preference, and then egos that brag about them and use magazine articles and stuff to back up an arguement. Magazines wouldn't have any business if there wasn't interest to be sparked. Tell me how many BAD reviews you actually see. Seldom if ever have I seen a magazine review a quad and basically say that it sucks, yet you hear it everyday here.

The Rubicon is a great quad, but its not the best thing since sliced bread. Too many could have's are involved there. Same for a Prarie 650 or anything else. If I thought that either one was actually $1500 better than mine, I'd probably be buying one this year.

Old 02-13-2001, 04:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Paul Stanley, I don't know if you play for KISS, but you definitely have the right idea for the magazine thing. A full year of hell on every quad made. That is the only way to see what an owner actually will experience.

I hate it when we see that "our model performed flawlessly" in a magazine. Sure it did. Over the whole 60 miles they put on it during the test.

Old 02-13-2001, 07:44 AM
Trailblazer

I used to own a)350L pol
b)300 hon
c)350 hon
d)450 es hon
All of these were pretty fast but no ride like the CAT or no real power.
I won the pull at our provincal rally with my 500 man, people even said I had my tires filled with water,it was that bad oy a beating for others.The
only thing is it is not a race bike.

Old 02-13-2001, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Did not read what my comment? I have proved this many times after I had a 300 honda do it to me when I used to own my polaris.Because of the 4x4 system on the polaris if the ruby gets going first it gets the front of the polaris light and up of the ground,then it's to late for the polaris.If you do not stop you will flip him over.

Old 02-13-2001, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Where we play there is ton of places the ruby can go that my 300 honda could not go and same with the artic 500.Not bashing.In the sand pits the can not even come close to the ruby.

Old 02-13-2001, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, you are probably right after all. The Rubicon is far and away better than anything else. As a matter of fact, it would probably still be a steal at $7999.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Shootout