Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

I need more help PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need more help PLEASE!!!

New update on my machine... I took the choke plungers back out because it felt like they may be sticking again, and put them back in. I started it without choking it, and it ran good. It did sputter and miss a couple of times, but after a few seconds of idling, it took back off and ran fine. It is for sure my choke plungers and Probably a dirty carb. I am hoping that the sea foam will solve my problems, but if it keeps sticking and sputtering I will have to try to clean the carbs. I don't know anything about taking the carbs apart, but I didn't know about choke plungers a few days ago. Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it only has 200 miles...is there warranty left??? It does sound like a choke issue, had the same thing on my golf cart.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to let everyone know, I just got done plowing my driveway for about an hour, and not one miss, spit or sputter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help and advise. I really appreciate it.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear it Neub7. That Seafoam stuff is excellent stuff.

On a side note if you can make a BLT sandwich you can remove and clean the carb. You shut the gas valve off and remove the seat and side panels. Remove the airbox. remove the carb and disconnect the choke and throttle cables. Pull the carb out, turn it over (fuel may run out here)and remove the 4 screws holding the float bowl in place. Gently remove the float bowl and account for a little plastic spacer, and o-ring gasket on the bowl. Then get a can of carb cleaner and spray it into every hole you find finish by using compressed air to follow that up. Then reverse the steps to remove the carb to install.

Fairly simple and if you need to ask questions. If its under warranty use it!

SJ