ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Arctic Cat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/)
-   -   How fast is the Thundercat? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/318368-how-fast-thundercat.html)

Andy Bassham 09-19-2009 02:32 PM

How fast is the Thundercat?

The 950, 1000, whatever they call it. What kind of top end does that thing have? Not buying, just curious. I haven't paid much attention to the quad world in a few years, and suddenly I look up and see everyone making 800's and such and the MSRP's are what would land you a new Isuzu truck back in the mid 90's.

jaybeecon55 09-19-2009 03:10 PM

It should be real close to 80 MPH and one pair of Jockeys.

wheily 09-19-2009 05:32 PM

depends on if snarf was hanging off the back....o wait thats thundercats

YAMMY450 09-19-2009 07:53 PM

145km/hr, so like 88MPH I heard
I am considering the thundercat LE, outlander 800 XT and the grizzly 700 FI EPS
I have a couple of threads on here looking for opinions on these 3 so please voice your opinions

jaybeecon55 09-19-2009 09:47 PM

T-Cat = Amazing power with not so amazing handling
Outy XT = Amazing power and good handling
Griz = Well rounded package of good power and handling

While the T-Cat and the Outy are the speedsters, the Griz is no slouch. AC claims that the T-Cat has the most power and is the fastest. Can-Am claims the same about their 800R. Both are so fast that it doesn't really matter.

CaptainQuint 09-20-2009 12:36 AM

I'm curious about them as well. I don't recall ever seeing one "in the wild" so to speak. I don't see many arctic cats around my area in general but the T-Cat is non-existent. I hear people around the county say that they've seen in in the back of a truck or on a trailer but I haven't seen one running around loose yet.

I wonder if they've made or sold many? I seem to remember reading once where production was quite limited.

ss97 09-21-2009 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Bassham (Post 2846216)
The 950, 1000, whatever they call it. What kind of top end does that thing have? Not buying, just curious. I haven't paid much attention to the quad world in a few years, and suddenly I look up and see everyone making 800's and such and the MSRP's are what would land you a new Isuzu truck back in the mid 90's.

There is a guy in our riding area that has a Renegade 800, and he says his buddy has a Thundercat. He says they've raced several times and been clocked with police radar.

The T-Cat tops out at around 78mph and the Renegade about 76 according to his numbers.

The guy is not usually a bull-chitter so I tend to think he's telling the truth. Of course this is on dirt, and I don't really know what types of tires or what are on the T-cat. I don't know how big the rider is of the T-cat.......

But I think nearing 80 is pretty darn fast on any 4-wheeler.....especially one that weighs that much....

Thundercatken 09-21-2009 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by jaybeecon55 (Post 2846335)
T-Cat = Amazing power with not so amazing handling
Outy XT = Amazing power and good handling
Griz = Well rounded package of good power and handling

While the T-Cat and the Outy are the speedsters, the Griz is no slouch. AC claims that the T-Cat has the most power and is the fastest. Can-Am claims the same about their 800R. Both are so fast that it doesn't really matter.

I have had my Thundercat for over a year. Yes the power is amazing and I think that it handles OK. It will crawl over rocks and rough stuff and usually keeps all 4 wheels on the ground. It corners well at speed and I have never been passed by anything...

This is a great machine and I like it. It is probably to fast!!!

YAMMY450 09-22-2009 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by ss97 (Post 2846827)
There is a guy in our riding area that has a Renegade 800, and he says his buddy has a Thundercat. He says they've raced several times and been clocked with police radar.

The T-Cat tops out at around 78mph and the Renegade about 76 according to his numbers.

The guy is not usually a bull-chitter so I tend to think he's telling the truth. Of course this is on dirt, and I don't really know what types of tires or what are on the T-cat. I don't know how big the rider is of the T-cat.......

But I think nearing 80 is pretty darn fast on any 4-wheeler.....especially one that weighs that much....

Whats the top speed of the Grizzly 700 FI???

DesertViper 09-23-2009 09:37 AM

My Grizzly 700 I sold last month topped out at 64 mph. My Thundercat tops out at 85 mph on a long downhill pavement run. Both were based on what the speedometer said, which could be off considerably.

DesertViper