Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

How fast is the Thundercat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How fast is the Thundercat?

The 950, 1000, whatever they call it. What kind of top end does that thing have? Not buying, just curious. I haven't paid much attention to the quad world in a few years, and suddenly I look up and see everyone making 800's and such and the MSRP's are what would land you a new Isuzu truck back in the mid 90's.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be real close to 80 MPH and one pair of Jockeys.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

depends on if snarf was hanging off the back....o wait thats thundercats

Old 09-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

145km/hr, so like 88MPH I heard
I am considering the thundercat LE, outlander 800 XT and the grizzly 700 FI EPS
I have a couple of threads on here looking for opinions on these 3 so please voice your opinions

Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"

T-Cat = Amazing power with not so amazing handling
Outy XT = Amazing power and good handling
Griz = Well rounded package of good power and handling

While the T-Cat and the Outy are the speedsters, the Griz is no slouch. AC claims that the T-Cat has the most power and is the fastest. Can-Am claims the same about their 800R. Both are so fast that it doesn't really matter.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

I'm curious about them as well. I don't recall ever seeing one "in the wild" so to speak. I don't see many arctic cats around my area in general but the T-Cat is non-existent. I hear people around the county say that they've seen in in the back of a truck or on a trailer but I haven't seen one running around loose yet.

I wonder if they've made or sold many? I seem to remember reading once where production was quite limited.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Originally Posted by Andy Bassham
The 950, 1000, whatever they call it. What kind of top end does that thing have? Not buying, just curious. I haven't paid much attention to the quad world in a few years, and suddenly I look up and see everyone making 800's and such and the MSRP's are what would land you a new Isuzu truck back in the mid 90's.
There is a guy in our riding area that has a Renegade 800, and he says his buddy has a Thundercat. He says they've raced several times and been clocked with police radar.

The T-Cat tops out at around 78mph and the Renegade about 76 according to his numbers.

The guy is not usually a bull-chitter so I tend to think he's telling the truth. Of course this is on dirt, and I don't really know what types of tires or what are on the T-cat. I don't know how big the rider is of the T-cat.......

But I think nearing 80 is pretty darn fast on any 4-wheeler.....especially one that weighs that much....

Old 09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

Originally Posted by jaybeecon55
T-Cat = Amazing power with not so amazing handling
Outy XT = Amazing power and good handling
Griz = Well rounded package of good power and handling

While the T-Cat and the Outy are the speedsters, the Griz is no slouch. AC claims that the T-Cat has the most power and is the fastest. Can-Am claims the same about their 800R. Both are so fast that it doesn't really matter.
I have had my Thundercat for over a year. Yes the power is amazing and I think that it handles OK. It will crawl over rocks and rough stuff and usually keeps all 4 wheels on the ground. It corners well at speed and I have never been passed by anything...

This is a great machine and I like it. It is probably to fast!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss97
There is a guy in our riding area that has a Renegade 800, and he says his buddy has a Thundercat. He says they've raced several times and been clocked with police radar.

The T-Cat tops out at around 78mph and the Renegade about 76 according to his numbers.

The guy is not usually a bull-chitter so I tend to think he's telling the truth. Of course this is on dirt, and I don't really know what types of tires or what are on the T-cat. I don't know how big the rider is of the T-cat.......

But I think nearing 80 is pretty darn fast on any 4-wheeler.....especially one that weighs that much....

Whats the top speed of the Grizzly 700 FI???

Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

My Grizzly 700 I sold last month topped out at 64 mph. My Thundercat tops out at 85 mph on a long downhill pavement run. Both were based on what the speedometer said, which could be off considerably.

DesertViper

Quick Reply: How fast is the Thundercat?