Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

08 700 chip/programmer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 700 chip/programmer

newbie here! after several years of not owning a decent 4 wheeler i went and bought a 08 700. love the bike but i was wondering if the cheapo power chips u can buy on ebay for 25-50 bucks work? whats the best programmer/chip u can get without breaking the bank? kinda want to spend the money on tires. thanks kevin

Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive heard the cheap chips are just that,cheap! I splurged and bought the vdi copperhead. Its programmed for the 28" tires which i have and to be honest, i cant decide if i like it or not. Ive had it for a little over a year but have only used it for 3 or 4 rides. I do like the less lag in the throttle response and i guess it gives a bit more power. Im just leary cuz when i used it in wyoming at 9,000 ft it wouldnt work. then when i got home it gave me trouble at 1000 ft. it ran rough and would die. On the other hand i adjusted the throttle positioning sensor (TPS) and it has worked flawlessly since then which was only one trip to the cumberland mountains in tennessee(3,000 ft) a couple weeks ago. The vdi ran around 400.00 when i bought it but i think its more now. i guess time will tell if i like it or not. The good part is it changes out in 5 min.