Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

owners manual for artic cat 500

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default owners manual for artic cat 500

i recently purchased a 2004 artic cat 500 4x4 auto and would like to find a owners manual for it.and if that can't happen can someone fill me in on what types of liquids this machine uses such as eng oil ,diff oil transfer case and coolant specs they are all aluminum eng and i know that many GMC veichles use a dexicool coolant specialy fromulated for aluminum is this also true for bike eng.thanks in advance

Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

You may find info here that will help you.
Good luck !!!

K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts

Old 05-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hi guys -
This amazes me
72 views and no response including from original poster.
The link looks like lawn mower parts, but if you just click
and go to the site you will find a ton of Polaris service
manuals as well as thousands of service manuals for
everything from chainsaws to generators.

If you find something useful - do not left click on the
file.Right click and select save as. This will cut down
on the guys server bandwidth as well as double your
download speed.

Maybe I never should have responded in the first place.

Sorry, I am just a little discouraged trying to contribute
to you guys.

I'm just an old fart - retired - riding with friends !!

Ride safe !!!!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default me again

thanks for writing well i can't believe there's no other resources for artic cats short of dealers iether that or no one cares but the few that have posted i did click the link and my years of machine is not there however i would be pretty posative tht the 2006 models they do have are very much the same oh and i do thank the poster who sent the link it is somewhat usefule

Old 05-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by slaggmonster
thanks for writing well i can't believe there's no other resources for artic cats short of dealers iether that or no one cares but the few that have posted i did click the link and my years of machine is not there however i would be pretty posative tht the 2006 models they do have are very much the same oh and i do thank the poster who sent the link it is somewhat usefule
I have some useful info for ya but I have to say something I feel is worthy of note before I put up a link.Even though there has been the 70 something posts and no responses;Arctic Cat is somewhat of an off brand. Maybe no one has had any info to post.I have an Arctic cat and have had problems finding stuff for it as well;so I feel your pain.I think that you're being a little impatient though since this post is only 2 days old.Try this link;I wanted a factory service manual and even the dealer couldn't/wouldn't help me out. www.repairmanual.com http://www.repairmanual.com/motorcycles/2004/3/0/16787/14172 I bought a oem manual(not a Haynes or Clymer) for an Arctic Cat and a Kawasaki and felt they had good prices and shipping was fast too.Hope this helps

Last edited by dirtdevil96; 05-15-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: found exact link for orig poster
Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Differintal fluid is 80/90 hypoid, if you do a lot of road riding I recommend using Mobil 1 syn., if runs cooler, and doesn't foam up like the petroleum oil, Castrol 10w40 engine oil can be used in the crankcase, in substitute for the overpriced AC oil, also you can use any anti-freeze for alum. motors, or if you want to run cooler flush system, and run Engine Ice, it's a little expensive, but it will lower running temp by 15-20 degrees

Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Cool

this is the only link I use...looks the same...but it goes right too the arctic cat page.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hey guys

thanks for the info i will get what i need from this. I will probably not use a synth in a driveline not sold on its abilities to properly lubricate a geartrain although i appreciate the info i will use a standard 80/90 because i happen to have some i use in the primary chain case on my Harley. Oh the other concern is i see you mention a coolant desgned for aluminum engines can dexecool be used on GM cars its designed for aluminum engines.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by cupsz71

this is the only link I use...looks the same...but it goes right too the arctic cat page.

This a great link if your model is in the library unfortunatly i don't know if there's anythine here pretaining to my machine which happens to be a 2004 500 trv the closest i can get is the 2006 manuals and i have know idea if there were any chages made to the machine

Old 05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ebay, I just bought one for my 2000 AC 300 4x4 on cd for 7.99 with free shipping. The guy then put it online so I could download it right away, it dont get much better than that.

GL

Quick Reply: owners manual for artic cat 500