Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

03 ac 250

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 ac 250

A buddy of mine has a little 250 and lately he can only get it to stay going when he keeps the gas cap cracked open a little bit. We found the vent hose and checked that, it doesn't seem to be clogged. Anybody have any idea what would cause this problem?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Cool

Could be:
- STILL a plugged tank vent (internal colapse maybe)
- dirty fuel filter (inside tank??)
- bad gas
- dirty carb
- plugged/dirty air filter
- bad/fouled plug

Check/clean/replace the air filter & plug (easiest) then try dumping a generous amt of SEAFOAM in the a few tanks of NEW gas and run that thru to see if that helps.

If still no sucess and IF your impatient (like most of us) and have a resonable amt of mechanical savy - pull the carb and give it a good cleaning.

Hope that helps ya

Good luck!

Old 07-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply!

We actually did put some SEAFOAM through it, which seemed like it fixed the issue to some degree...but then it started doing it again...

We replaced the air filter and the spark plug..neither of which looked all to bad...I've definitely seen worse haha.

I noticed that the quad doesn't have an inline fuel filter so there is a chance that some crap got into the carb...I had him pick up an inline filter to put in it. I suppose I will have to pull the carb on it...was avoiding doing that because I'm lazy and was hoping for a more simple fix..haha...I should make him do it...but I know it won't get done if I don't do it.