Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2007 Articcat 700 EFI 4x4 Auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weez440
this spring i bought an 08 700 efi brand new for 5500. and mud the 4wd system you are referring to on your bombardier is what i like to call the one wheel wonder 4wd system. and yes torque will help you get through a mudhole. if you have 32 inch tires on a 1000 cc and a 500 which one will be able to spin and clean the tires?
5500 ? that's it ? do you live next to the ACV factory....nothing around here in that price range at all.....

do you ever take this animal through the mud? and if so, how does she fare ?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

i will be in a couple weeks. i haven't got a chance to as of yet as i been stuck doing yard work. i got a winch front and rear brush guards, hand guards, hand warmers, rear rack bag, and i have a clutch kit i have to install along with 27 inch itp 589's. i live about 40 miles from arctic cat but i bought it from a dealer down by the twin cities and with their price i am stuck with my 650 cause it was so good i couldn't pass it up and have been trying to sell the 650 which used to live in the mud and was a beast. Arctic Cat 2009 700 H1 EFI ATV, New With Warranty: eBay Motors (item 390225344071 end time Aug-30-10 14:33:24 PDT) here is the ebay page from the dealer i bought it from and they were awesome to deal with. i actually found them through ebay and they were 1100 dollars cheaper then rv sports the dealer from thief river falls.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

oh and about your question on the trails, i have driven almost every atv on the market and out of all of them my 700 i feel for me holds the trail and rides the best. it is unfair to other manufactures though cause i am used to big heavy atv's and like the way they handle and ride better. i am not naming the other atv's cause i don't want anyone to think i am brand bashing.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

wow....that's a great deal you got weez....sounds like you are going to have one nice set up when you get all your accessories on that beast.....

unless i find some great deal on a yamaha atv today, it looks like i will be going with the 2007 AC 700 efi

Old 08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

you have to realize that atv values are different in different parts of the country. i live about 40 miles from the arctic cat factory and about 10 miles from the polaris factory so atv prices are very reasonable around here cause there are so many employee's that get like 30 percent discounts on new atv's and like 50 percent on all parts and accessories.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

well i would have bought this machine had there not been shipping damage...water got inside and rusted racks, among other things....dealer is replacing them all.....however now i am having 2nd thoughts.....
i just found out that you have to stop this machine to put it in 4-wheel drive....to me that sounds kind of gay....kind of like stopping your pick up truck, getting out and locking the 4 wheel drive.....

i see the 08' models are shift in the fly....i think i may be looking at these if i can get a deal....

Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I think you only have to stop to put a ATV in diff lock AWD (All makes), you can put it in 4wd while moving. Rusted just during shipping? You know how many times ATV sit out in the rain while camping or on the back of a pick up truck. Then there the water crossing while riding. ATVs are wet more then they are dry.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Eat_a_Fladito
can anyone tell me how does this machine fares in the trails ?
Hi there EaF,

I think the answer here doesn't necessarily lie in the machine, but what tires you have on it. The stock Dunlop Quadmax tires I had on my '09 700 were really nice on trails. Ask the same thing of the guy who puts "mud" tires on his (Mudzillas, Mudbugs, etc...) and they'll probably tell you they get their teeth rattled out, particularly at lower speeds.

I just bought a set of Maxxis Zillas (not Mudzillas) for mine a month ago because they'll give me a better bite in the mud I ride through, apparently are good on trails, and also nice and light. When I get my machine up and running properly again I'm looking forward to give them a good workout in multiple riding types.

I think you mentioned you didn't buy it later on in this thread for shipping damage reasons, in which case obviously a good choice. Regardless of the machine you do select, your preferred riding style will lead you to the correct tires. I highly recommend research, and test rides if possible! I did a month and a half before I bought mine. Good luck!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Eat_a_Fladito
well i would have bought this machine had there not been shipping damage...water got inside and rusted racks, among other things....dealer is replacing them all.....however now i am having 2nd thoughts.....
i just found out that you have to stop this machine to put it in 4-wheel drive....to me that sounds kind of gay....kind of like stopping your pick up truck, getting out and locking the 4 wheel drive.....

i see the 08' models are shift in the fly....i think i may be looking at these if i can get a deal....
I could confirm that with a friend of mine.. he has the 2007 700 machine you're talking about and I was certain it was on-the-fly shifting, just have to let off the throttle when you do it, for obvious reasons.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Duke_Of_URL
I could confirm that with a friend of mine.. he has the 2007 700 machine you're talking about and I was certain it was on-the-fly shifting, just have to let off the throttle when you do it, for obvious reasons.
oh i am fairly certain that it will shift on the fly, however it will do damage to the drive train....somewhere online i read a professional review of this machine and it stated "like most other atv's you have to stop to put it in 4w drive"

Quick Reply: 2007 Articcat 700 EFI 4x4 Auto