Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

No start on 08 artic cat 700

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012 | 07:51 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default No start on 08 artic cat 700

Hey guys I'm new on this forum and could use some help on a no start. Changed out a fouled plug, drained the fuel out and filled it with fresh fuel still no start. It sat for a year and without being started any ideas. Thanks in advance

Old 01-21-2012 | 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Where was it stored? Not starting it for a year, wow! There are alot of things to do. Change the oil, check the air box and filter for "critters nests". Check all the fuses. A year is a long time with no lubricating, like the EFI. differentials, cooling system and engine. How does it turn over? You may need to get some heat on that thing, if your in a cold climate like me. Warm it up with a portable heater for a couple hours, and give everything a good look over, all the connections, and boots, and anything that may dry out for that period of no use. If it spins over just fine, but doesn't seem to even want to start, you may have a bad fuel line, plug wire, or injector.

Good luck!

Old 01-22-2012 | 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Cool

Originally Posted by v2rider
Where was it stored? Not starting it for a year, wow! There are alot of things to do. Change the oil, check the air box and filter for "critters nests". Check all the fuses. A year is a long time with no lubricating, like the EFI. differentials, cooling system and engine. How does it turn over? You may need to get some heat on that thing, if your in a cold climate like me. Warm it up with a portable heater for a couple hours, and give everything a good look over, all the connections, and boots, and anything that may dry out for that period of no use. If it spins over just fine, but doesn't seem to even want to start, you may have a bad fuel line, plug wire, or injector.

Good luck!
X1!!

Now, I'm going to add..........is the RUN/KILL switch in the RUN position?? This is a simple and easily overlooked "issue".

If it is, then I also recommend you listen for the fuel pump the cycle. Turn on the key on then switch the RUN/KILL switch slowly a few times. You should hear the fuel pump in the tank "whirrr" up. This is building fuel pressure for the EFI.

If you don't, check your fuses and then check your wiring for critter damage.

Now that all said, after you crank it for a few times and it still didn't start, pull the plug and check to see if it's wet. If it is, then your getting fuel, and you can focus on the ignition system.

As mentioned........GOOD LUCK!