Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

it feels great to be back.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's up guys?? i took all of last week off both from work and this forum; although it feels good to be back on the forum its going to suck when i go back to work. but during this time i've been doing a little riding here and there to keep my mind at bay and today i installed my new cv joint protectors from Arctic Cat. i talked about them in an earlier post, they are made from the same material as the skid plate. while they don't look like they cover as much in the front, they offer protection from the back and bottom. any bets on how long they will last???
i bought another atv last weekend and it took approximately 20 hours to assemble. it's actually a hobby that i swore i would never get into again because of the expense involved but in light of what happened last weekend i broke down and jumped in again. i went to hobbytown usa in austin and bought a tamiya juggernaut 4x4x4 monster truck. it has twin 540 type motors, planetary gear diffs, dual shaft drive, 6.5" tires ,aluminum frame, 8 coil over shocks and leaf springs, a novak super rooster esc, a futaba magnum jr radio, and to top it all off a 2000 ford f350 super duty body. i wired the motors in series which gives me longer run times and higher torque. i actually moved my ac with it....not far of course. i probably won't buy another anytime soon because this one carried a price tag of over $740.00.

p.s. i sincerely thank you guys for your sympathy during this time and i meant what i said about feeling a close friendship to all yall.

ryan (texascat)

Old 03-17-2001, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Glade to see you back man.

Old 03-17-2001, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Good to hear from ya again. That's a neat toy you bought from the sounds of it. I was in a hobby shop a couple of weeks ago and I was looking into rc quads, both gas or electric. It was just to much money, between $300-500 cdn not includeing the remote. maybe someday I'll be rich but in the meantime I'd rather get stuff for the quad. Well have fun.

Old 03-19-2001, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

Welcome back TEXASCAT. Hope everything is going well. Good idea to do something to occupy some of your time. Helps with the healing process. Good luck on your new toy. Look forward to hearing more from you in the near future. The Texas Pride continues to grow, saw a guy yesterday with 2 new AC 500 auto's on his trailer.

Old 03-19-2001, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

We still haven't gotten together for a Texas Pride Ride yet! We could just wait untill the Idaho trip...naaahh. Let's set something up. Anyone game out there?

dakota r/t

Old 03-19-2001, 04:06 PM
Range Rover

Dakotart,
Sounds like a great idea. Let's make it the first annual ride and see where it goes from there. Don't have any idea where we could have it. Do you? I know that deer season is a long way from now so we ought to get together this spring where we could maybe do some camping also. What do you think?

Old 03-19-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I've got 800 acres to play on. Mud, mud, mud, jumps, creeks, flats, and some roads/trails.

Old 03-19-2001, 04:27 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a plan. Check your schedule and your future bride's schedule and see what dates you come up with. How many members of the pride are there is Texas? I have no idea, just the three of us that I know of. I don't know the guy I saw with the new cats. I'll also check my schedule, late April, first to middle of May. What do you think. Get Texascat in on this also, and any other cat owners that you know.

Old 03-19-2001, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

i'm in like flynn. i'll post a message telling all texas ac owners to identify themselves. i've seen the type of terrain that dakotart is talking about and it looks interesting that's if it looks anything like what one can see from 111.

texascat

Old 03-19-2001, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah! 111 in Jackson County is a blast. Lots of sand, mud, and water. I left a post on TEXASCAT's new topic. If you are interested drop by and sign in so we can arrange something. April looks good for me. I have a 4 day and a 3 day weekend. There are plenty of places to meet up and ride to my land together (San Antonio, Gonzalez, Seguin, Yoakum, Morales, and Edna). C'ya later guys.

Dakota R/T
eeyore@texas.net

Quick Reply: it feels great to be back.