Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat Diesel Kills Snow Plow

Old 03-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I personally think Arctic Cat and Polaris frames are the strongest after crawling under a bunch of different machines over the years.

I got under the quad and looked at the plow mount yesterday. Yup, broke a couple metal tabs on the back of the plow mount so all that was left were 2 bolts that sandwich the quad frame between the plow mount and a bracket that goes over the quad frame. Easy to see why it was sliding around. May order a new mount. For now, I drilled holes through the plow mount, the quad frame, and the bracket, and bolted it with a 5/16' bolt. Should hold it until I figure out what I want to do. Glad I filled the box frame of the Outlander with box aluminum to strengthen it. Some thing tells me the hit it took plowing would have bent the frame.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reinforcing my 60" CC plow, I cleared the rest of the snow left, including the 2-3' drifts to get to my dumpster. It passed the test in flying colors. So if you have a Cycle Country plow and don't want it to fold up, get some thick walled steel tubing about 40" long and pound em in with a maul. The last foot or so goes hard, as there is a slight bend. I hit solid stuff, hard enough, that I barely could stay from going over the bars!

Old 03-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrex
After reinforcing my 60" CC plow, I cleared the rest of the snow left, including the 2-3' drifts to get to my dumpster. It passed the test in flying colors. So if you have a Cycle Country plow and don't want it to fold up, get some thick walled steel tubing about 40" long and pound em in with a maul. The last foot or so goes hard, as there is a slight bend. I hit solid stuff, hard enough, that I barely could stay from going over the bars!
Have almost been over the bars a few times myself.