Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

No power to my ignition switch and reg get extremely hot after about a minute

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to my ignition switch and reg get extremely hot after about a minute

I have an 04 arctic cat 500 4x4. The previous owner wasn't getting power to the ignition so he run a hot wire which made it run but it wasn't charging.i changed the regulator but it is,getting extremely hot after about a minute can anyone help me with this plz...

Old 04-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have either a break in the wiring harness or corrosion in one of the wire splices. Remove the plastics and the gas tank, start unwrapping the harness until you find the break or until something looks bad. It never works out bypassing the factory wiring harness. Everybody drives in deep water and mud, but eventually water infiltrates somewhere and causes a big headache. That's my wild guess, but you may want to take it to a shop, if you are like me, little patience. BTW, I just sold a 2001 AC 500, a great machine, had 30" Mudzillas. The new owner called me yesterday, He got it totally mired in deep mud.... hmmm. In all the time I had it, never got it stuck.