Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2016 XC 450 bent frame

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 XC 450 bent frame

so let me start by saying me and my gf bought a 2017 mudpro 700 and 2016 XC 450. we bought them on a Wednesday and took them out the following Sat for a weekend of camping. The 450 is for my gf who is still pretty new to riding so we literally drove down a forest service road (our max speed was 35km/hr) to a dirt pit where we did some circles ect. She noticed a squeak and i chalked it up to just a new ATV being broken in. We just went down a couple forest service roads (ones in good condition) than back to the camp site. getting off the quad we noticed the front right tire totally bent, had our buddy look at since he has worked on many atvs and he said it was a bent frame.

Now there's no way we hit anything hard enough to bend a frame. period. We parked it for the weekend then took it back to the dealer and even they said it couldn't have been a high impact but the only way to bend a frame like that is to roll the damn thing. So now arctic cat wont replace it under warranty saying we had to have hit something.

any ideas how this happens?? the guy at the dealer said maybe we strapped it down too tight to the trailer but i sure as hell didn't strap it that tight, and who ever heard of a wratchet strap bending a whole frame??

Old 06-02-2017, 09:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You would never been able to bend a frame by strapping it down.. well unless you are using binders and a bar maybe.. Something had to have been hit or it was bent at the dealer. I have hit some stumps and trees pretty hard and never bent anything. Post up some pics i would be curious to see. If you fully insured it as you should on a new machine your insurance will cover it

Old 06-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup... same response as back over on ACChat... pics..

Old 06-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's no way you can bend a frame that easily. It takes a pretty hard impact to bend a frame. My friend bent the frame on his Grizzly 660 but that took hitting a deer at 50+mph and rolling it on pavement. It might not take that much but it does take a wreck to bend the frame, usually bad enough that you would have gotten hurt.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have checked it over better when you bought it. How many miles on the odometer when you got it. I suspect, someone at the dealership took it out and beat the snot out of it, maybe they let someone take it out for a demo ride. Anyone who hit it hard enough to bend a frame, probably got hurt! Arctic Cat frames are generally very strong. How do I know? I've beat the hell out of 3 of em, never broke a thing. Have a long talk with the dealer, they should at least make it right, new rim, fix or replace the frame. Hate to say, but maybe small claims court.