Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

good luck cowboy

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 12:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let us know how things went. i'm quite sure everything will turn out fine for you and i doubt those 2 bowling ***** will show up. lol.
be cool and tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, if everyone else does it's squashed...
good luck.......bill

Old 04-20-2001, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the thoughts, I appreciate that. My lawyer said he had filed a plea of not guilty for me, and that I was NOT to appear in court on that wednesday. I told him I had to take my buddies down, as they needed the ride, he said to drop them off, then leave town, not to be seen. So, I dropped my buddies off at the courthouse, then left town, drove around for a couple hours. I picked them back up a little after noon, they were all in bad spirits to say the least.

The judge went through in alphabetical order, calling each person to make sure everybody was there. He called my name, Jesse said that I wasn't there. He then asked if I was planning on showing up anytime soon, so that they could continue the trial. Jesse said no, that I had a different date, would not be appearing today at all. Well, that upset the judge I guess, he took 45 minutes to decide whether or not he would postpone their trial till the time of my date, in order to put them on the stand against me, or just get them out of there that day. He finally came back with the prosecuting attorney, said they'd "deal with me later".

He then asked Jared-the other guy who was 21, if he'd given his girlfriend any beer. Jared said yes he did, the judge said cuff him, haul him downstairs. Jared was hauled immediately downstairs to jail, where he will sit for the next 90 days. He has a $500 fine as well. Everybody else was sentenced to 90 days with 89 suspended. They all have to do one day in jail, but are on probation for the next 2 years, and if they do anything wrong at all, they will go back to jail for the remaining 89 days. On top of that, they have a $100 fine, and have to do 8 hours of a drug/alcohol class. Jesse is about a month and a half shy of his 21st himself. The judge moved the place of the jail to a town closer to where we live, but said that in order to go there, they will have to pay an additional $100 just to go to jail. The cost of the drug/alcohol class is something like $250 from what the other police guys were saying, so basically, they all really got shafted.

I have decided after hearing what a hard case this judge is, I absolutely will not be charged of something I didn't do. If they don't drop charges, and do indeed find me guilty, I am fully prepared to sue the entire county and have that judge removed from office-he's spent 28 years on the bench, I can have that removed if found guilty. If these guys want to play hardball, I have recently found a couple elite lawyers who will take my case on a contingency basis for a percentage of the settlement, and guarantee I will win. From what the judge told Jesse, it sounds like I'll be in court on May 21st-the day after my 25th birthday.

Sorry if I sound upset here, I kind of am. These guys were punished worse for having one beer up in the mountains, than committing a serious crime. This whole ordeal has turned out to be a really bad nightmare, I'm hoping it will end soon.

Again, thank you for the thoughts. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes when I appear.

Ride hard,

Mike

Old 04-20-2001, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hey badhabits were you in the 3 town ATV I think was last weekend. It was somewhere around your area. I saw it in the pennysaver. If so how did it go? I tried to make it but forgot what weekend it was on.