Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

05 AC 500 FAN over ride switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 AC 500 FAN over ride switch

so i would like to know how to do the fan over ride switch not looking for any arguments as to why i shouldent

i tried to avoid bothering anyone on here with this but can anybody explain to me how to do just the normal on off so i can turn it off when i hit the mud
and leave it on the rest of the ride i like to keep it on at all times thats just my prefrence..
i already have the switch and wires i just need to know where to hook them up... if some body can please explain to me how to do this for dummies lol cuz ive looked at a good 20 videos on how to do it and i still dont understand again i just want the basic on off right now its hard wired to be on at all times wich i dont like cuz i dont wanna break blades and i like to play in the mud

thanks in advance

Old 09-11-2017, 01:34 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If it's already hard wired just snip the power wire, splice each end into a simple on/off toggle switch.Or you can toggle off the ground wire,does the same thing.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider

You can also put in a resetting breaker. I did the switch mod on my old 2001 AC 500. That model had the fan run all the time, in winter it was hard to warm up.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
If it's already hard wired just snip the power wire, splice each end into a simple on/off toggle switch.Or you can toggle off the ground wire,does the same thing.

see my problem is i dont kknow wich wire is wich theres 2 red wires that came off the thermoswich the were cut and tied to each other to run the fann all the time iuno what wires to tie what

Old 09-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Just go to the fan motor itself and follow a wire,doesn't matter which one and run a toggle on that wire. You're trying to make something simple too hard..

Old 09-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

i put the resetting fuse in mine.. Way better than a switch as you don't have to remember to turn it on or off..