Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Help! 2017 altera 450i solenoid wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 07:13 AM
Ade
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 2017 altera 450i solenoid wiring

Can someone please help!!. I took apart my new Artic Cat Altera to rust proof it as it is used mostly at the beach.
All went perfectly until I had to reconnect the solenoid and I have 3 cables left to connect but I am unsure where to connect them to.
There are 2 black cables and one red cable (see attached picture).
The solenoid terminals are marked 'B' and 'M'.i am almost certain that 'B' is for the red cable going to the battery positive.
'M' is for the motor and connects to the cable that goes to the started motor. It is the last black cable that I am not sure what terminal on the solenoid it goes to.
I would imagine the wiring is the same for most late model Artic Cats. Could someone please help me check.
Thanks a mill in advance. Cables i need to know what terminal on solenoid they attach to.
Solenoid, showing the 'B' and 'M' terminals

Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider

I looked at my 2014 AC 700. it's completely different, but both are hot + lines. Mine has 2 large red cables, btw. Anyway, good time to spray with a rust protectant.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Ade
Weekend Warrior

Thankyou for the super prompt reply!
By both hot lines, do you mean the red cable and the black cable with t he round head?

Old 09-29-2017, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

No expert, but I believe the solenoid only interrupts the power. I'd guess the green and green and yellow wires come from the ignition switch. I think if you jump the wire out with 12 volts, the starter will engage. Nice ATV, btw.