Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Details on the 2002s

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TBX doesn't have a swing axle, it has a traditional swing arm mono shock suspension. The idea was that this would be a farm type of wheeler with a larger weight capacity, the problem with all independent suspensions is if you load them heavier on one side they tend to list and ride / handling go south so the swing arm setup works better,also remember the bed on the TBX dumps so the load could shift quickly add that to an IRS and you could have a side dumping bed instead of rear.The TBX does have 7.2" of rear travel thats better than some other swing arm atvs I can think of.

Boner: The oil cooler on the 375 is VERY LARGE and has a thermostatically controlled fan. AC wanted the 375 to be able to sit and idle in the heat of the day with no fear of over heat. At the dealer meeting they had a track set up with all kinds of obstacles where the dealers could ride all of the AC's, they also brought a semi truck full of Hondas, Kawi, Yam & Pol. to ride and compare, it was hot like 98-102 and the track was set up to really work the suspensions of all the bikes so it was slow 1st gear type of riding, one of the fans quit working on one of the 375's so they pulled it off the track and parked it, after a few minutes one of the engineers walked by and noticed the 375 parked he wanted to know why, someone told him the fan didn't work he said so what it didn't need the fan anyway it was just over kill on the cooling. They put the 375 back on the track and ran it non stop all day with out the fan in 100deg temps. and I have to tell you it was cooler than any of the air cooled only bikes.

Old 07-08-2001, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

Boner,

I too noticed the integrated winch switch. I have always chosen the Superwinch brand over the Warn brand because I could get a handlebar mounted directional (power in/power out) switch. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is when you use your winch for snow plowing. I like being able to raise and lower the blade while I am moving or turning. This always seemed MUCH easier to me with the handlebar mounted rocker switch than it would with a rack mounted twist style switch (Warn A2000)or the pistol grip style (Warn A2500).

I have also read (multiple people) on this forum, that the Warn winches drew so much current that it would never work with a handlebar mounted rocker. I thought the new AC setup was my perfect answer, however I don't believe it is. From the best that I can see (from the small picture) it is merely a winch on/off switch and not a directional rocker style switch. The rockers above the winch on/off switch (I believe) is for the lights, and the choke. This is just my perspective, maybe someone else knows first hand. If it is a directional rocker that would be great, however everyone has always said that the Warn winches just draw too much current for a rocker switch.

CaTTrax

Are you an AC dealer, as you seem to know (first hand or nearly first hand) a LOT about these new machines?

Old 07-08-2001, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

uh008: The 2500lb winch is the same winch as the 2000lb, the difference is the solenoid/wiring & remote switch, it gets a 2500 rating because the solenoid/wiring is so much more efficient.

Your going to like the new switch because it is IN & OUT not off and on.

If you already have a 2000lb you can buy an upgrade kit from several after market catalogs but the remote switch is a big hand held type if you order it from AC you get the neat switch that mounts on the controls, see page 30 of the 2002 catalog.

Old 07-11-2001, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I have not yet installed my warn 2000 winch and so I am wondering about this new acc. switch from the 2002 AC, will I be able to use one on my 2001 500 man? Is it a seperate piece or is it part of the complete control unit? I don't want to have to replace the whole handlebar control unit(cost & excess labor) so if this isn't my answer who sells an aftermarket rocker that will work with my warn?

Old 07-13-2001, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

You can get a warn rocker switch from Dennis Kirk. I saw it on page 106 for 42 bucks.

Old 07-13-2001, 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

those new cats look sweet.