ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Arctic Cat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/)
-   -   New Cat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/47956-new-cat.html)

cowboy 10-01-2001 03:34 PM

Since you mentioned very low idle, I'll second Minehunters suggestions. Also, how deep of water were you in??? If it was a few feet deep, like halfway up your engine, then I'd look further into whether or not you got any water in your breather lines for the carb, or even the drain for the gas tank-the tube runs out the front of the tank, then down the frame in the front-sometimes they're a little too long, and water can actually enter the tank that way. You can either cut it a few inches shorter, or re-route if necessary, same goes for the carb breather-I had to re-route mine to a higer location, been fine ever since.

Best of Luck,

Mike

CornDog 10-01-2001 05:33 PM

The Arcitc Cat 250s, and all the other Arctic Cats, don't like water, so don't go in it.

cowboy 10-01-2001 09:46 PM

Corndog-
What proof do you have to back up your claims? I know for a fact my 'Cat has no problem with water-deep water at that. I will give you one SMALL point, that is ONCE while in over-the-rack deep water while crossing a river, I did suck water into the carb breather lines, which killed the machine, but after relocating the line to a higher location, I haven't had a problem since. So, with that said, how then can you make the statement that "AC 250's and all other Arctic Cats don't like water, so don't go in it"??? I know of several guys who spend 90% of their time in excessively deep water, with no problems, how do you explain that? Have you looked up either Boner, or Scotto's pictures before? Those two definately submarine their machines, yet I don't hear them complaining about the 'Cat not liking water-what gives here???

Like I said before, if you have a specific problem with your machine that is NOT a direct result of rider neglect or abuse, feel free to ask for advice or help, we'd be glad to try and offer what we can. Judging from the nature of your posts, and constant negativity, you strike me as one who is not apt to properly maintain a machine, then complain when something goes wrong. Simply telling someone not to drive around water is absolutely ludicrous. The terrain I ride, we frequently find back country streams, or mud holes that either have to be driven through, or spend several hours of your time finding an alternate route around. Telling somebody not go go through that stream is like telling somebody in a 4x4 truck not to drive down a gravel road for fear of getting dust in the air filter, I mean come on man, what's the deal?

Looking forward to either a helpful post in the future, or a simple plea for help regarding an honest, sincere problem.

Regards,

Mike

TG1 10-02-2001 08:19 AM

I changed the oil and filter last night with no evidence of water. The AC is a hell of a lot easier to work on then my old Bayou. Still happy with the cat!

TG1 10-02-2001 01:29 PM

Sorry to use up another slot, I forgot to ask this earlier. When the AC rolls very slowly (either way) there is a squeaking sound. Originally I thought it could be the wheel bearings. Is the squeak common? The old Bayou use to make the same sound but that was after a couple of years.
Last night I installed the rear skid plate, it took roughly 10 minutes. It nice to see AC has planned ahead.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

minehunter 10-02-2001 02:42 PM

I think what you are hearing are the brakes. I believe it is just the calipers and rotors rubbing. The vibration caused by that is what you hear.

dakotart 10-02-2001 02:53 PM

Corndog,

Go to my web page and tell me cats are afraid of water.

ac300jd 10-02-2001 04:18 PM

Don't listen to CORNDOG the only thing he does is bad mouth arctic cats.He does the same thing on www.atvtime.com. I think he does not even own a arctic 4wheeler,and that he wishes he would of bought or could even buy one.With that said i own a 2001 artic cat 300 4+4 and i would buy another one.I now have 665 miles on my quad and had 0 problems with it.And i can go anywhere the 400's and 500's.I have been in water that came over the seat and had no problems and mud holes that must people wouldn't go in.I went to HatfieldandMcCoys agian with problems ther was no hill that i could not climb.Sorry for the long post but please CORNDUNG if you are not happy with what you have sell it and stop bothering the good people on this web sites,and other web sites.

chunkyboy 10-02-2001 08:33 PM

hey dudes I want to say one thing to ac 300i tushea arctic cat !

TEXASCAT 10-02-2001 11:40 PM

what the hell i may as well join the fray 'cause this is just too damn good to pass up. cornpone you come over to the ac forum and post a reply to a thread from a guy that just plunked down a small fortune on an ac quad and all you can say is bad things about his purchase. we ac guys are known to be some of the most laid back people on atv connection but we all have our limits. however, this is America and you can do as you please but, remember, your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins. we all chose arctic cat because they had what we were looking for, so if you don't like 'em keep your opinions to yourself and don't come around here anymore.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]