Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know where I can find a rear seat for a AC 400?

Old 10-18-2001, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Bilzer-
I hate to say it, but carrying two people is not recommended by atv manufacturer standpoint-none of us would ever do a thing like that now would we. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] With that said, take a look at Cabela's website (www.cabelas.com), click the atv accessories page, you should find a couple different styles. I haven't seen a pure "seat" per se, but there are several companies that make rear cargo boxes that have a seat built in. They don't recommend riding double, but they do display a person sitting in their cargo box/rear seat on the ground in a hunting position or enjoying a mid-ride lunch, things like that. Prices of these will vary greatly depending on how fancy you want to get. There are a few others that show a "back rest" for the driver, but could rather easily be placed further back for a second rider-though again, do we ever really do that??? heh heh heh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Take a look at cabelas, also try Rocky Mountain ATV, atvstuff.com, hi-per.com and maybe High lifter-I can't remember if they have accessory stuff like that or not???

Anyway, Best of Luck to ya, and sorry I can't help with your previous Big Bear question-I'm not up on the new BB so I wouldn't do ya much good for that one.

Mike

Old 10-18-2001, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

I made my own out of 1/2" pl;ywood, 2" car seat foam, spray adhesive, car seat black vinyl, and some screws and washers. Really simple set up but it works great. (Oh yeah, you shouldn't carry passengers. There I said it) Check out some of my photos on my home page below. If you can't figure it out let me know and I'll post some really detailed photos and directions.

Old 10-18-2001, 08:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the web sites and the neat construction tip!
I decided to go with a 2001 AC 400..going to put the deposit on it today as it is the last one!

Old 10-18-2001, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the 400. You will love it. I love mine!!!
I bought a rear rack bag. the center section has a nice spot for a seat.. ur a I mean a sleeping bag. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. It has a 3" foam base underneath the bag. the two side pockets are coolers and the rear is a large storage area. I really liked this bag because of its versatility. My Dealer gave me a great price at the time I bought my machine.

Old 10-20-2001, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

I just installed a new rear seat last week. Rear passengers are "tolerated" by the police here in Quebec Canada as long as you don't have a home-made seat. You also need foot pegs/supports installed. Check out the picture on my Yahoo photo album at: Gerry's pics
Goto the ATV album, then click on the AC500 album. You'll also see a picture of my old back seat(black one) which was more like a back rest than a passenger seat. My girlfriend found that one too uncomfortable so I sold it & got the new one(green one).
My dealer ordered it from Motovan. It's a Canadian distributor. They'r at www.motovan.com
Also, I'm very aware when carrying a passenger and adjust my riding accordingly.

Old 10-22-2001, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wound up getting a new seat that has two storage consules on each side. It was very sturdy and very comfortable. I put on about 34 miles this weekend breaking in the AC 400.
So far so good..but I did notice it burned a "smitgen" of oil..is that common fora brand new motor breaking in?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2001, 01:01 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Did the "Hot" light come on? Personally I'd go out riding again taking my time and varying the throttle position, occasionally whomping it a little higher than 1/2 throttle. Keep an eye on the oil and change it after the first 50 to 100 miles. Have fun with the 400.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2001, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hot light never came on the little oil window shows it a tad below the full level..tinny bit..

Old 10-22-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Gerrbear, how do you like your AC 500 compared to the GIZZ in your pics.? Don't hold back tell us the truth?

Quick Reply: Rear Seat