Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

First trail ride with 375

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 09:23 PM
TG1
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the 375 out for the first trail ride, after installing the rear fender protectors. At first the whole unit sounded a little noisy, and the auto tranny took a little getting use to. After a while though the new Cat began to show its trail abilities. The auto tranny operated silky smooth while the gear shifter operated much better then my buddy's Polaris's. Suspension wise the 375 handled a lot like my old Kawi Bayou, just a little plushier. The engine cranked out more than enough ponies (I never went past 1/2 throttle). The steering seemed to require more effort than my old 250... I assume it due to the larger tires. Although it gave the impression that it turned easier in 4x4. Overall, the 17.5 mile trail ride was a lot of fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The only negatives: the fuel valve plastic handle fell off somewhere on the trail and the rear fender protectors didn't come with all the locking nuts. Nothing major, a little trip to the dealer to pickup a new fuel valve handle and maybe a rear seat for my girlfriend.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

our fender locking nuts were all there but one was loose and almost out. With all this talk about nuts and bolts being loose i will have to be sure and look into this before i loose components.

Glad to hear that you like your new quad. I just got a rear storage seat/backrest. this way the passenger can still rest their feet on the floor boards. This thing is built TOUGH and has a brake light too. can't wait to test it out on a long ride.

Enjoy your new toy!

Old 03-24-2002, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

My petcock handle ( I always grin when I say that) fell off as well, fortunately I didn't lose it. What I lost was the screw. The dealer gave me a new one and I put a little dab of Loc-Tite on it.

I found that when I put my Dirt Devils on my sterring was much lighter. I CANT tell you why that is. I've just found it to be so.

On my 375 the force required to turn the bike is greater when 4WD is engaged but I get better steering response as the front end pulls me in the direction I want to go. For easy trail riding I generally leave it in 2WD.

EtherNut

Old 03-25-2002, 09:55 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Well I’ve got close to 60 miles on it now, went riding with a couple of friends (one Big bear, and a 425 Mag) and covered just about 40 miles. I have to admit at first I didn't care for the auto tranny but after more trail time it began to win me over. When blasting up a steep hill which turns somewhat sharply half way up there was no required think like on the old 250. No gear selection or midway shift, simply gun a go. No the 375 hasn't been really been pushed past 1/2 throttle (maybe a quick stab or two) but what an engine![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It may not be fast as the other two, but it darn quick (at least quick enough for me).
On the old 250 I had a motovan storage/rear seat that my girlfriend loved. Since she liked it so much a new one is in the future... Maybe tomorrow.
Oh yea, I forgot to tell you I had to use the winch to pull out the 425 after the chain slipped off the rear sprocket when going through a mud/water hole. After yanking it out the chain tension was adjusted and away we went.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]