Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC 375 auto 2002

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Ami
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm leaning heavily into this for fun. I want to climb hills and play in the mountains."A just for fun" as I can't hike like I want. Seems except for speed and noise for the most part people are talking highly about it. What can you do about the noise factor? Anything to quiet it down a bit? Is it that different than the others out there? Also I'm about 105 and will take a friend sometimes. Some dealers say I need a bigger machine but actually it carries 1025 lbs. so I have to wonder about that. I figured the 375 would be easier for me to handle. They are about $5500 around here with a warn winch 2000. Just wanted to check the AC site and see what ya think. Thanks

Old 04-01-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

My brother's never seemed excessivly loud to me. And it carries his 300lb butt around just fine, so I don't think you need worry about the weight issue.

Old 04-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

I think you will be happy with the 375. I looked really hard at it and the 400i, and finally decided on the 400i for the following reasons:

1. I like the manual shift - just what I'm used to.

2. The automatic engine is wider than the manual, especially on the right side. This metal surface can get warm, and I was afraid it might get uncomfortable. I have heard from several people that this is really not a big deal to them - so to each his own.

3. I thought the auto was a bit louder, but not that much. I usually cruise around under 20 mph in 4th gear on old mining roads and wide trails, and the 400i just purrs right along. I only rode the 375 in the parking lot of the dealer, but it seemed a bit louder. Believe me though, this reason was pretty minor in my decisions making process.

I really don't think you could go wrong with the 375. It really is a great quad, and has been favorably reviewed by many new owners. For what you describe as the main use, it should be more than adequate - and very comfortable to ride. Be smart though, and wear a helmet (both of you!)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As for the price you stated, that seems a few hundred high for around here. I got my 400i for less than that. See if the dealer will move on that a little bit. I would think about $5200 would be more in line with other parts of the country. Guys, am I right here? You should be getting $500 of accessories too from Arctic Cat (not the dealer), so the winch shouldn't cost you anything. I got the Warn 2500 and a helmet with my $500, and only owed a few more bucks.

I know the Polaris is a good quad too - just requires a little more maintance. Lots of grease fittings to deal with. Seems like a nice ride, with plenty of power, but I have to believe that the constant maintance would get old. Like I said, to each his own. Not bashing anybody or their rides.

With all the choices out there, if you do your homework, you really can't go wrong. All the quads have their pluses and minuses. Not one is perfect for all riders and all conditions.

Good luck.

Old 04-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Ami
Trailblazer

Thanks! Hee hee. Two butts oughta do alright then!

Old 04-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Ami
Trailblazer

Thanks, glad you shared all that with me. I feel pretty good about the Artic Cat 375. I need auto because of a busted up right leg which is why I headed for the ATV's. I think it will be big fun. I will take the advice on the helmet. Thanks for the price stuff also. He said that with that price he wouldn't charge any extra set up, etc. like the other dealers. I'll look around though. Appreciate your help. Ami

Old 04-01-2002, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

The part that sticks out by the feet on the 375 is the transmission. While it may warm up, it won't get so warm you will notice (like the engine would).

We paid $5370 for ours back in October. That price includes the Warn 2500 winch but didn't cover it's installation (that was another $100, I did it myself).

You might want to get a "passenger" seat to carry that extra butt around, though there is plenty of room on the 375's seat.

Old 04-01-2002, 09:43 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Ami
All my friends have Polaris ATVs and love them. I choose another Cat to be different, besides I don't care for the Polaris look. Being the proud owner of a 375 4x4 no more wish for more power, worrying about being in the right gear, or having to deal with rubbing the skid plate on large objects when other ATVs (Sportsman) go right over. The overall ride is fairly soft, although at higher speeds there is a lot of body roll. In the new issue of ALL Terrain Vehicle Magazine there is a comparison between the375 and Eiger.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 04-02-2002, 02:51 AM
Ami
Trailblazer

yeah be a free thinker! i like it cuz i can get assistance locally and i like the features. i like hearing from those who have one. i won't squabble over a couple hundred bucks if it means the people here will gladly work on mine. i'm a girl but not stupid![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] first i looked at polaris but i like the cat better. then yamaha was discovered so i considered the kodiak but most people who have artic cats are happy and they've been around here awhile which is another plus. sooooooo. thanks! happy trails. hope i'll be there soon myself!

Old 04-02-2002, 12:16 PM
Range Rover

I have recently bought a 400i and my neighbor bought a 375 Auto at the same time. He has taken it everywhere I have so far and has had no problem. We have climbed a lot of hills and had to winch up one. I like the 400i because it is manual and water cooled. The 375 is an oil cooled air. His is quite a bit noiser than mine when we are side by side. This is purely due to the fact that his has that constant velocity belt drive that AC uses for the Automatic. This constant velocity belt drive that AC uses, I have read, is one of the best if not the best Automatic designs available because there is less wear on the belt from stopping and starting as the traditional autos from other manufacturers do! Hope this helps.

Old 04-02-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Just a note on the 375 cooling.

Yes, the 375 is oil cooled, as opposed to the 400, which is water. You can't really tell by looking at the radiator's, though, as they look to be the same size. The radiator on the 375 is HUGE and the cooling fan comes on LESS often than the cooling fan on my 400. I think the 375 is actually MORE efficient in this department.

Just didn't want AMI thinking she'd have cooling problems.

Quick Reply: AC 375 auto 2002