Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

300 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Buckwheet, if you do a search (I don't have it in front of me right now) for minnesota DNR you will find a listing for ATV trails. There are a lot of them, some with camping. I've spent most of my time around Remer and they have some nice old logging trails and the Moose River Trail just south of town about 8 or 10 miles on Draper Tower road. I can't remember if you can camp there, but if you want you can just get on the Soo Line trail and head up to Remer, the Remer motel caters to ATV's and the rooms are great. Lots of mud too!

Old 05-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Spot.

I ended up calling the DNR information desk at 651/296-6157 and asked for ATV map packet they provide. I got a ton of good information with trail maps, rules/regs, etc. Just in time for my 3 new ACs!

Sounds like you've had some great trail riding experience. Any recommendations from your past rides?

Old 05-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

You're welcome Buckwheat. If I was to be looking for a great weekend on those AC's I would probably start on one end of either the upper or lower Soo Line and use that as my "interstate highway" between ATV trails. If done right, you could spend an entire summer exploring this way and never be far from services such as gas, food, camping or motels. Especially up north the rules enforced for driving in town or on the right hand side of township roads are pretty lax if you need to get to a trail that doesn't enter directly off the Soo Line. Most towns welcome the business with open arms. My favorite is to carry the fishing equipment along and try my luck on some of the overpasses and small lakes you will pass by. Hey, this is Minnesota, get out and enjoy it. I ride by myself almost all the time and have fun, with three atv's you should have a blast![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]