Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

need info from owners on the proformance of the AC 500i

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002 | 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Go guy that 500i right now and go bag yourself an animal.

Old 04-24-2002 | 01:11 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

You know I see them farly frequintly on the way out to my folks farm. But come hunting season i swear they read the years hunting laws. Because they seem to disapear like a fart in the wind. The deer on the other hand seem to like baseball. She got up to grab a drink and noticed a two point standing just outside the back window looking in, so she snuck out the front door with the 30-30 shot him bled him and taged him, and whent inside to watch the rest of the 9th inning.
Rader

Old 04-24-2002 | 01:42 PM
Range Rover

Those elk sound like the deer around here. During hunting season when it is not anterless only you see does and no bucks but when it is everything they all just disappear. And now when they know we can shoot at them, they stand in the middle of the road on my home and almost act like they are laughing at you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2002 | 01:23 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Deer are definently not the dumb animals some people say they are. Has anyone seen the Fox show { when animals attack } that bowhunter in the video being attacked by a buck lives about 15 minutes away from my house. Getting back to the original topic I'd like to say thank you for all the info and opinions. After reading and checking out several manufactures and models I've desided to buy the 02 500i. I should be able to pick it up this july. It comes the closest to filling all my requirements. I'll be sure to post some pics of some of the places and situations I get in.
Got to go Rader

Old 04-25-2002 | 09:22 AM
Range Rover

By July the 03s will be out and there may be something better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2002 | 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is true. I bought my '01 about mid year and right after that they changed the bodystyle. And increased the ground clearance (on the "i" models). If you are going to wait that long, at least see what's coming for '03 before laying down the cash.

Old 04-25-2002 | 01:34 PM
Range Rover

Yep... In June is when they will let us know of all the new toys that will be out and you may decide completely on something else. if you have deiced now what you want, you can probably start getting some really good deals before the 03s are released because the dealers and manufacturers are wanting to move them out for the expected 03s!

Old 04-25-2002 | 07:31 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

That is what I was thinking, be able to compare 03s to the 02s and will more than likley get a better deal. I like the idea of it droping in value before I buy. It could sell it later if I wanted to and get alot closer to the original price I paid, minus mileage and years of use. I usualy buy and keep it forever though.
Rader

Old 04-26-2002 | 09:05 AM
Range Rover

Yeah when I get something, I usually do not sell it. I by something planning on keeping it forever!

Old 04-30-2002 | 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

Has anyone made adjustments to the suspension yet on your 400 or 500i, machines? I noticed while riding over whoops that the back end of my 500i, bounces around out of control. Not like my King Quad at all. So today I tightened down on the front and back springs, one notch each. It feels stiffer but I won't know until I get to ride in a couple of weeks. Just wondered how far did you go if you made those adjustments and how did you like it after?
Chuck

Quick Reply: need info from owners on the proformance of the AC 500i