Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ATV Saftey Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went to this ATV Saftey class over the weekend, and to be honest, i expected a lot more than what we got. The guy was showing us how to shift our weight, and take curves sharper, and swerve, but I mean, it wasn't much, i mean, I dont see anything he taught me saving my life. Anyways, I just thought I would share, and wondering if anyone has been to a really good saftey course anywhere?

Old 04-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

The ATV safety course I took sounds like the same general idea as yours. I rather enjoyed it, but then I didn't expect anything more. Sounds like you did.

Keep in mind that these courses are designed for people who have little or no experiance on an ATV. Most of these people probably think you can ride them like a motorcycle (because the controls are so similar) and the course is designed to teach otherwise.

I forget the number, but a very large percentage of ATV accidents happen within the first few weeks of ownership, this course is an attempt to cut that number down and not intended as an "agressive riding" course.

You can check on-line, but I suspect the best course you fill find for more agressive riding is actual riding with a large group of friends or within a club, where you can ask other more experianced riders for their input.

Old 04-29-2002, 09:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, I think that would be the best thing, is just for me to ride with someone who knows a lot more than I do, and then I can ask them all I need to know, and they can help me, but I was just hoping, this class would kinda show us what to di incase of this or that, you know? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Oh well, it was fun, and did teach a little, and your right, he did say most people think it's like a motorcyle!

Old 04-29-2002, 09:19 AM
Range Rover

Someone also tyold me that they would show you how to ride sideways on smal inclines, but they did not have enough room for that...

Old 04-29-2002, 09:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, and I think that kinda sucked, because that's part of my whole thing w/ ATV's i'm afraid i'll flip one, esp. being a small person, I am afraid I it would flip eaiser, since I am not putting much weight down on it, and if I flip one, i'm prolly going to be SERIOSULY hurt or killed, esp. if it lands on me!