Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

lcker kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 03:49 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a arctic cat 500 4x4 with 28 inch outlaws all around . I need alocker kit anybody know of one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Manmudcat,

I don't know of any "kit" lockers for a cat, but I do have a file that I can email you with a "do-it-yourself locker mod". I got it from another forum a while back. I would link to it but the web sites seems to be down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I printed it, scanned it and saved it to a file,luckily.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It's pretty much a step by step procedure with pictures included! I have not had time to do this mod to my cat yet, but I plan on it. The article reads "Try this at your own risk..." So that would be my advice also.

A couple Questions: What year is your Cat? How does it handle the 28's?? How wide are the FR. and RR.??? And do you Like the Outlaws performance???? That's enough for now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have been considering new tires for a while and I still can't decide.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

later fango

Old 05-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

Hey fangoELgato i,m waiting for that e-mail if you got a second thanks

Old 05-22-2002, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

If both tires are not pulling in the front all the time try rideing the brake fore a sec they should kick right in herd that from a dealer once it seems to work for me. ps if you get the email send it my way.

Old 05-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

yah i,ve done the brake working method it helps but not enough for this guy. i have a tendency of finding holes where no one would think there,s any and that locker could help me find those long lost hole that no one seems to want to dare to try out .just need more fun loven mudden plus i here mud is go for the complexion i,ve been told i have a baby soft face!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2002, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

The message is in the mail guys![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I've been away from my computer for a few. Anyway, I hope this is going to be a help to you. One of these days I will find the time to get mine locked! Until then, I am happy to pass on the info. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

later fango