Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2003,s what a huge disapointment

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 07:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So cats big news for 2003 is a new rack system,a new color,and the ugliest sport quad to be built yet. Talk about nothing new. What a shame the same old bicycle speedometer same this same that. I sure hope theres more to come because if thats it I will have to stay with the sportsman series. I know cat is an exciting and innovative company Ive been buying and riding their zr snowmobiles for years (2001 zr 600 efi cross country currently. They lead the snowmobile market in sled innovations and technology and new ideas. Ive never seen a company that can be so extreme in one product(sleds) and 180 degrees the bad way on another(atvs). So Arctic Cat, I sure hope you havent released everything yet cause if ya did your 2003 lineup is pathetic Im not saying the 500 and 400 arent great quads but wheres the big bore wheres the digital instruments wheres the *** kickin sport quad that equals your sport sleds. WHERE IS THE EXCITEMENT? (just a let down wannabee customer in Minnesota)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2002, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Color, speedometer, and racks? That's the criticism? Those things certainly weren't the reasons I bought my cat. I bought it for toughness, suspension articulation, ride, pulling power, hauling capacity,crawling ability, ground clearace, and comfort for my 6'5" frame. Why worry about a speedo anyway? Just mount a nice GPS unit! Look closely at the suspensions and you'll see where AC's R&D effort went. I love my AC!

Old 06-20-2002, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

theres more to todays quads then just mechanics people also want creature comforts the other manufacurers give them so there is a need/desire for things like that and if ya wanna talk about mechanics wheres the front locker (i hate three wheel drive)

Old 06-21-2002, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

First of all,it doesn't seem to need a locker. I havn't been on 2 wheels yet, and it plows through deep mud with no problem. Secondly, how much more comforting is a digital speedo? My comfort is measured by my behind. This creature is very comfortable on the AC, due to the excellent suspension design. Just MHO.

Old 06-21-2002, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

I agree Dan!! I also bought my cat because of the ground clearence,the suspension,the comfort and the price!! I get just as much perfomance from my cat as the polaris give but for less money!!That is why they have the so called mechanical looking bike speedo and other things. All you polaris owners payed so much more for the digital stuff.
Nothing wrong with that if that is important to you! But I dont mind the mechanical stuff for less.

Old 06-21-2002, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

I agree... Mechanical based accessories versus the electronic based accessories, I will pick the dependable mechanics. Electronics and water/mud just do not mix.

I saw that a couple weeks ago at a mud fest. I saw 3 new 700 Polaris's sitting on the side of the trail with problems.

Old 06-21-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Amen, DanW, my sentiments exactly. My 500i is a cadillac compared to my old big bear, rides like a dream without sacrificing controllability. I like its display - speedo, and gear. There isn't much else you can comprehend at a glace, so why put on an elaborate video show if it takes too long to read it? I really liked the design of the cat: sophistication where needed, simplicity where appropriate. There isn't much on it that doesn't contribute to off road capability.

--John

Old 06-21-2002, 01:56 AM
Trailblazer

Hey filthy.....I dont blame you for wanting to dump that polaris for an AC...Polaris is ...well, I wont play your game! The AC quads are AS GOOD as anything out there...And since they're a lot cheaper, they are the better deal...Just because they didnt display one with your name on it doesnt mean the entire line is "pathetic"...What a DUMB statement..I looked at them all, and gladly chose AC...NO REGRETS!!! I just cant stand it when an ******* has to BADMOUTH another brand to justify his own bad judgement...Go over to the polaris page and find some friends there...:-(

Old 06-21-2002, 03:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not pouting over the lack of a 600cc quad, but they should have tried to go the way of a locking differential. Thats the only place they are falling behind, but I would still rather have an AC than a honda. More features in the right places.

The sport quad isn't the prettiest, but at least they ventured that way.

Nothing bad about this lineup, and the AC two seater is a hell of a lot better than that Bombardier piece of crap.

Old 06-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Range Rover

boys boys boys you just dont understand im a bigger cat fan then any of you.I grew up and still ride arctic cat sleds thats why expect more from them on their atvs, they are capable of better things. Yea the mechanical speedometer works fine but how about updating its look some maybe make it larger and house it in some sort of fairing or pod(whatever) Wether you say you can make it through the mud without a locker is unimportant. The other manufacturers are putting in lockers cause they give you more traction then any limited slip could ever dream of. So yea I want one The other thing is I was hoping for a big bore 4x4 wether you need the power or not some of us do. The wheelers are good looking but they need some finishing touches when my friends on their hondas see a cat come by they and look at that bike speedometer strapped to the bars they laugh at how silly it looks (and that hurts man) Alls im saying is no matter what they cost or dont cost I dont want others laughing at my brand new 6000 dollar machine. Remember I love ac more then anyone and I just wanna be proud of the products they offer. I want them to be king of the hill and best at everything. So dont tell me to go look for friends at the polaris page I bleed green I even had an arctic cat minibike in the early 70's

Quick Reply: 2003,s what a huge disapointment