Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 09:50 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brent, I really enjoyed your pictures! What went wrong with the the Recon?

Old 07-20-2002, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

hey brent great pics , what did happen to the recon , your buddy needs some good rubber on the rancher , how do you like the z 400 my son wants one bad ,

Old 07-20-2002, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

The recon went into the water hole and the bottom is all sand. Well he hit one of my ruts and thought he hit a deep hole so he floored it, big mistake. Sand and water plus aggressive tires equals a quick dig to china. So he stopped and went in reverse, dug it down ever further, up to his seat on the right side. He stalled it and I had to pull him out, again. He is always getting stuck in water holes. He has dirt devils which are way way better than his stockers but still not enough to get him through the worst mud holes.

I love my Z, its fun. I hear Suzuki is coming out with an entry level sport quad based on the Z. Maybe thats something you should think about for you son.

Old 07-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Range Rover

brent I said the recon not the rancher , we want to know about the burnt quad , what size is this new entry level ,my son is 6.2 170 pounds , he will soon be 18 , hes been riding his 220 for 3 years ,till we got his mom a sportman 500 now he rides it a lot ,but he want a sport quad , wish cat would release theres , thanks

Old 07-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

I think it went like this. His buddies quad was chained to the trailer and someone tried to steal it, I think they must of hot wired it because it burnt. Well his friend caught them in the act and it burnt I guess.

I'm just speaking from rumors, I don't know what size it will be but entry level would be about 300 cc's I would think. But a good powerfull 300cc's, not wimpy 300cc's.

Old 07-23-2002, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer

brent i have a question how can u go throw such deep water and not ruin anything becasue i went throw some pretty deep water with my 500 sp and ruined a bunch of stuff and it cost like $300 to get it fixed and they charge $45 per hour.
can u give some tips for riding deep water like how do u keep water out of the moter on my 400i because im going riding in the saline river with some friends and i guess its pretty deep and i dont want ruin anything on my cat

the pol never rode the same after

thanks for any help

Old 07-23-2002, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Well all quads are water tight except for where the air comes in and leaves. This would be your air intake under your seat and your exhaust. If you get water into either of these areas you run the risk of water entering your motor. If you drown out your quad in water and its above the exhaust do not try starting it until you drain all the water out.

I have no special technique when it comes to riding in deep water. All I do is go in very slow if I think its going to be deep water and when I know I can cross it I worry no longer and play in it. Oh and if your stuck in deep water do not spin trying to get out, if you do you will sink even further. Push, pull or whatever you have to. If you read my post above you will notice my Honda friend did just that and drown out his Honda, again. The thing that kills your quad is running it with water in the oil. Check your oil if your not sure if you sucked in some water. Also belt driven machines need to have the belt housing drained too or else you may destroy your clutch and belt.

Thats really about it, just use common sense and don't try to impress your friends. You can impress your friends when your quad is the only one left running at the end of the day.