Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Indicator lights burnig out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2000, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 2000 3004x4 and as soon as I bought it I got the warn winch package. Shortly later I lost some of my indicator lights, and I called my dealer,he told me that I should have recieved a heavier duty power wire to go from igniton to sylinoid. They did not inclued this, so I recieved
a new light package and installed new wire. As soon as I turned on the power I had my lights back
but not for long about 1 minute their all gone.
My dealer has told me to bring it in (50 miles)
under warranty but they are also baffeled so is it worth the trip. PLEASE HELP!
Have a friend bought one same day NO WINCH but
is having simaler problems. He has only lost some
lights some of the time. But hasn't kept us from riding and never will.

Old 03-26-2000, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Take it back to the dealer for a proper repair. It sounds like something is drawing too much current (AMPS). You would hate to be riding along 30 miles from nowhere and have the wiring melt down on you for something that could have been prevented. Also if it did burn up and you didn't take it back to the dealer he may not have to do the repair. Just some food for thought.

Old 03-26-2000, 11:17 AM
Range Rover

check your ground wires.a bad ground will cause voltage spikes.

Old 03-26-2000, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

If i was you I would get the lights
like on a 99 they dont look as good but
they wont blow out as easy I have a 99
300 with a winch and none of my lights went
out yet I would get it fixed though
what if your oil light gome on and it was
blowed

Old 03-26-2000, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

The reason for your lights buring out is that on the 2000 models with the winch you need a different wiring harness. The new harness has a diode in to prevent damage to the indicator lights. Arctic was aware of the problem and the dealer should have known about it.

Old 03-26-2000, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

I think if you lose oil pressure the motor will shut down before any damage is done. Catman broke an oil cooler line and shortly after the engine died. He got it fixed and it runs fine so I don't think there was any damage done. I'm thinking that maybe the oil pressure light might not be that critical, but on a new machine I would want everything working.

P.S. Ask Catman how he got back to camp!

Old 03-26-2000, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

The day I took delivery, my neutral light was burnt out, it also has a winch. Just got it back from the dealer on Friday, they rerouted the cables after replacing the instrument cluster. The first corner I took snapped the instrument cluster. Now I'll have to deal with the dealer to get this replaced. The 300 4x4 are experiencing a
back firing problem when letting off the throttle at high speeds. AC is trying to fix this problem by experimenting with various mufflers. Just purchased a set of poly CV boot brush guards new from AC.A little pricey, but the dealer cut me a deal.

Old 03-27-2000, 12:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I own a '00 400 4X4 and the neutral light never did work on it from the day I bought it new. I never thaught much of it, but while I was riding the other day with 120 miles on it, I started to load up to go home and all of the sudden the neutral light started working. It still works now with 180 miles on it.

Old 03-29-2000, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well nevermind. My Neutral light went out again yesterday while I was riding in Tupelo, Ms.

Old 04-01-2000, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Trail boss I have a 96 454 the problem your haveing is the bulbs loosen up or were loose to start with if you remove the cluster and push all the bulbs back in they will work. I put a small amount of clear glue on each bulb and stoped the problem. I have had the winch on it since 96. It still has the factory bulbs in it @3500 miles
Randy

Quick Reply: Indicator lights burnig out!