Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

500 TRV

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500 TRV

Anyone have updated information on the release of the Arctic Cat 500 4x4 TRV two-up atv? There used to be a link on the Arctic Cat site but now it's gone. I was hoping for a 2004 release but now I hope it hasn't been cancelled. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 500 TRV

My daughter and son in law bought one last week. It must have been out for a while. The dealer had three of them on the lot. Pretty nice bike for them, but it isn't one I'd buy for myself.

Old 06-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default 500 TRV

They are out. THey've been available for a while...April or so. I saw them on their website with the rest of the 2004's.
I test rode one a month ago, and the dealer had sold 4 of the 6 he had. He said they were going fast.

-Jeff

Old 07-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default 500 TRV

I've had mine for about a month or so now. We like it a lot. There have been several really really great weekend adventures but if I told you where I'd have to kill ya. LOL....
First - Dealers here in MN have not ordered anything since their original orders. It took weeks to sell the first few off the floor and they are very scared about the liability of lawsuits. The bigger dealers won't sell any at all as they want to wait and see how many smaller shops get sued out of business. It's fairly well known now that the consumer protection groups have their sights set on the big ATV's which no longer conform to the original agreements between the FEDs and the manufactures for size, weight and passengers. Injuries and fatalities are way up and way disproportionate to the number of users - or so they claim - and the heavier, faster ATV's are being looked at as the reason why.
I don't doubt that the manufactures will cut and run at the first sign of Federal liability action and stop producing the two up machines in a heart beat. If you don't have one yet - I wouldn't wait to see if they ban their sale based on design again as they did some years ago.
All that being said – the TRV rides so well its hard to remember the wife is on the back. Seriously – we do some pretty technical riding up in the iron ore mines of Minnesota and I have to check once in a while to make sure she hasn’t fallen off. This is a huge difference from when we were squished together on the Polaris 500HO. Significantly more stable on the hills.
If I could choose one thing to do better on the TRV it would be to rework the rear back support and pax seat so that there was some room for a rear cargo box. The AC front box is great – with its quick release mounting system and all but I have the need to carry a lot more stuff then what I can fit into it alone.
We added a 54 inch long 4inch PVC pipe onto the right side of the front rack to carry the fishing rods and I’m looking for a better shovel and mounting system for it so as to carry enough implement to dig worms with.
If you haven’t seen the new double probation top secret accessories catalog for 2004 yet – you’re going to be very surprised!

Old 07-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 500 TRV

Is your TRV really a 2004? Mine has 2003 on the Owner's Manual and on the title. I purchased mine in February and my wife and I just love it. It's nice to sit on the back and let her drive while I enjoy the sights. Much better than being crammed on my Banshee. Although it still is nice to take a nice fast ride on that. What a power difference.

Old 07-13-2003, 04:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 500 TRV

I just bought one today, and it rides great. Didn't get to do too much cruising around with it, but I'm looking forward to making some long day trips with the wife. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]