Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

And my answer is in from Highlifter

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And my answer is in from Highlifter

To: charles@highlifter.com
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: Arctic Cat Diff Lock

Charles

I understand that the sub assembly or ring gear assembly which houses all the key components that make up the Arctic Cats performance is sealed and access to the components are impossible. I do know that with precision cutting you are able to gain access to these components. I also understand that it would be extremely time consuming and costly to have these procedures done. What I don't understand is why Highlifter cannot obtain an after market or factory sub assembly like I have, and build an after market assembly based on the measurements and precision crafted parts to be capable with the others components that make up the entire 4x4 system. This in my opinion would only cost you the price of the factory sub assembly. The rest would be financed by your department of New developments. I strongly believe that with a little effort and combining the intelligent brains that work for Highlifter this could be done.
As far as cost and demand why not make it a pay in advance type of transaction to pay for this new system until the market gets off the ground. I assure you-you would not be able stock the system from all the Cat owners swiping them up as fast as you can make produce them.

Thank You for your time

Scebo King

Subj: Re: Arctic Cat Diff Lock
Date: 4/4/2003 11:54:02 AM Central Standard Time
To: Wmff82@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Sounds like you have done a little homework. We have had several Arctic Cats here and we have work through what it would take to make this work and the numbers, just are too high. You may not know, but this market is a very price sensitive. Our current lockers sale for $395 and that is a tuff sale. What is would require for Arctic Cat's is twice that amount. Setting price aside, we have not had the demand from Arctic Cat guys. When we build lockers we have minimum runs of 500 units per locker. So I would have to pre-sale that many units in order to make this work. There is just no demand for it.
Thanks for your interest in our products. Maybe Arctic Cat will listen to its customers and start building what they are demanding. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks
Charles
----- Original Message -----

Old 04-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds Like Bull Sh&t if you ask me!! xcuse my language!! I think we should get a petition going,and show high lifter that the cat owners demand a locking front diff to be made

Old 04-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Range Rover

Just the response I would suspect. If it was for a Rincon they would be tripping over themselves to get to the machine shop.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Range Rover

There is just no demand for it. Maybe Arctic Cat will listen to its customers and start building what they are demanding.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

If every manufactuter built what the customer demanded, YOU WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB, SIR.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Very good point!!!!

Old 04-04-2003, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

yea man that sucks big time. man i want a locker so bad i cant stand it. i am ready to do what odb did to his and be done with it. i went on a ride today and man is it slipping bad when you get at an angle. how has is it been holding up