Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!

this is my first post, i have been reading your forums for a while and like it. i am looking at the 03 AC 400 auto. what do you all think about this machine? would it be good at muddin, hill climb, pullin, and in the muskeg.

i was also looking at the kodiak 400 SE dual range. i no you guys are going to say there different like night and day because of the FIS and soild axle. which one would you pick and why.

go easy on me its my first post.

thanxs.

cya

Old 04-22-2003, 01:33 AM
Range Rover
Default HELP!!!

I have a 01 500 auto and it worked ok in the muskeg. with some of the trouble that is surfacing with the auto's i would lean more to the 400 or 500 I manual myself. I am not sure about the Kodiak if it is the one with diff lock then it would be a good option. My 500 pulls good, i used it during moose season to pull out my moose in a trailer and all my gear on the racks. in the mud is where the auto really shines. no worring about being in the right gear at all. just give the gas and it is always in the right "gear". i have not been on any serious hills so i cant comment on that. also the gas mileage is worse with the auto than with the manual. i think you could go 15 or 20 miles further on the manual. this is my opinion feel free to disagree with any or all of it.

Old 04-22-2003, 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default HELP!!!

i thanx you for everything, but i am wondering what is really wrong with the autos??? please let me no thanxs

Old 04-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Range Rover
Default HELP!!!

Look at the post abnormal automatic transmission noise. if it hadnt been for my trany having to be repaired i would really be totaly happy with it.

Old 05-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Range Rover
Default HELP!!!

In my opinion there is just more maintinance with an automatic than there is with a manual. The belts can burn up, and they arent as efficient because the motor has to rev up more to make it move very fast.

Old 05-09-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!!

i have a 03 500i manual and love it, my buddy has the same bike but in auto and i like mine a lot better. Mine seems to have a little bit more top end and there is SO much more torque, there seems to be a little hestitation on his auto but i can get the front tires to lift up my manual, all personal preference. some say that mudding is better with the auto but i have not had any problems. I throw it in low and use third gear and it climbs right through whatever the autos go through. WARNING!! at first you will probably hate the rocker shifter, but after a couple tanks you will love it. And in winter your boot size makes no difference. Not to mention that the manual is a little cheaper.

Old 05-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default HELP!!!

Hey my cousin just bought an Artic Cat 250, 2003 and he will drive it around for a while and it will die on him and it woud lock up in first gear and he can't get it back into neutral without pushing it backward. Do you know what he needs to do to keep it from doing that. Thanks