Help with cleaning 200cc carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help with cleaning 200cc carb

Hi, just got my first atv a used 08 gio beast I've only ridden it twice so far and it just won't idle I've adjusted the screw and made it better but still won't idle I noticed it feels a bit better when starting if the choke is left open so I just wanna do an easy clean of the carb just went and bought some cleaner but is there a way to do this without taking the carb off I have no atv engine experience but I no a bit about cars especially old carbureted engines but I have no idea how to get it off and don't really want to can I just take the air I filter off and spray it in there and could I do that with the atv running
Thanks

Old 06-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Spraying cleaner in a carb may not always work.Having to run with the choke is usually a good sign jets are stopped up and the carb needs to be taken apart and jets cleaned to where you can see daylight through them and all passage ways blown out.Plus you can use a qtip to clean out the seat and clean the float needle.Not that hard to do plus make sure the air cleaner and filter are installed after cleaning when you adjust the carb. Rule of thumb is 1.5-2 turns out on the fuel screw or air screw,which ever one you have.The carb cleaner you have with a spray tube will work and a compressor and air blower to finish up.