Trans and Enginr Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans and Enginr Help

Hi,
I have a 01 Yamaha warrior 350. I have been riding it around in the back of my woods, but today I got it stuck. And I mean stuck bad. I got a buddy to help me get it out, and we were there for an hour trying I get the thing out until we finally did. I almost turned into a try going uphill, so I stopped to put it in reverse. But by then I was done andjhad no momentum going up the hill. So I tried to roll it back to where I started from at the bottom, but veered off and it rolled down to the side of the hill, which had about of a foot and a half lip (not a smooth tapered transition), where it was in a dried up rocks creek bed. So I got some ramps to get it over the lip, but since the wheels were wet and on rocks, and because there were roots where the lip was, we couldn't get it up. So it kept getting revved in first gear high, you could hear that humming noise. This wasn't intentional, but needless it did happen. It was one of those things where the wheels keep spinning but you keep giving it throttle, and don't realize you aren't going to move until you hear hat him. This was going on and off for almost an hour until we finally got it past the roots.
My question is that would this have caused engine or transmission issues that I may not know about? The quad seemed to drive fine afterwords, but I don't know if that hum noise indicates damage being done.
Thanks

Old 06-26-2017, 03:16 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Your Question Has Been Answered By Our Editors

We've got the answer to your question up on the ATV Connection homepage. It can be viewed directly here:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/a...hidden-dragon/