ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

ATC vs. quad kill stories

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATC vs. quad kill stories

We have been doing a lot of riding this year up at October Mountain in Western Mass. The place has some real nice technical trails and the 3-wheelers really shines navigating the trails. I laugh watching all the guy's up there with these huge 4x4 quads, they look like Jeeps going through the trails and it's a real good thing they reverse, otherwise they wouldn't be getting to far. Next time out, I think I'm going to take the YTM 125 instead of the 350X and see if I can show up some quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 10:48 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i beat the A&S triple cylinder banshee on my +8 swing arm 70 ATC.

Old 06-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

at the mx track there was a group of quaders, I overheard these guys saying "look at this guy on the trike, he probbaly doesn't jump, is gonna flip, and he'll be slow as hell" wasn't exactly that, but you get the idea. Well, I passed two of the guys with the biggest mouths, later on that day passed them again and hit the tabletop RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND CLEARED IT. It was so funny hearing their friends tearing them to pieces about getting beat by a trike. Another time, I was neck and neck with a trx250r(only a pipe) for 3 laps, then I started to get a lead on him and it was all over, I came up to him and said "good race" he didn't say anything back. He must have been embarrassed or something, he asked a few of the regulars there about me and they told him " its not you, he's downright crazy, and really knows how to ride" I like racing the quads, the 450's kill me, but the normal quads(400's, and such, mildly modded) are a good chase, sometimes they get me, and sometimes I get them. With the right rider and setup bike its a fairly even match against mildly modded 400's. Last weekend I was riding with a group of mudders in trails they saw my tail end the whole time on the trails and they were very suprised the mud I went through. I got stuck once, they got a realization of what a trike rider who knows how to ride can do, this was on my 200x. the first story was on my atc250r(very modded) and the second was with my atc250r(more modded and a 330). People are very suprsied at what trikes can do, they have this image in their head about them being unsafe and flipping alot(for the record I never fliped mine, got close a few times, and I have flipped my warrior and trx250r). I've got remarks from racers about them being unsafe and how you wouldn't get me on that thing. I told them maybe you should ride them, it will make you a much better quad rider, they shake their head.

Old 06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

From the pics I have seen of you, you need to save up your cash to buy a dump truck to hall your ***** around in deathman. I am the craziest guy around here on a quad and especially a trike but you make me feel like I should be teaching safe riding techniques. I will agree with you on the flipping thing. I have fliped my banshee several times but the closest I have came to fliping my R is when I first got it and I was riding a wheelie and it went to far back and it didn't have rear brakes yet. My grab bar was digging in the dirt, I don't know how fast I was going but it came back on me in 5th gear. It was trying to tip from side to side but luckily I saved it. I would also like to say that I ride my R 10 times as much as my banshee because it is just plain more fun.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

what I find is on quads you can get very overconfident and then you get accidents. On the trike you always know that one false move can lead to hurt and you adjust your riding to suit it, and on quads people tend to get lazy and not lean into corners. I can't wait to get back on my 250r, with a fresh bored 330, new reeds, new crank seals and gonna use 113 klotz with r-50. It looks like the 200x is gonna get ridden this weekend, I already ordered a works shock for the 200x, then gonna do some motor work, bigger carb and maybe go with a 350x front end.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bootboss
we will see drag
what your gonna beat him with your super fast blaster?

Old 07-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I got a quad kill/ humiliation story. I used to have an 86 Big Red 250ES, Piped, jetted and removal of airbox lid. My friend had a 300ex piped jetted and holes in the air box. I a drage race i had hime till 5th gear then he started to pull away. Well that was back in the day about 3 years ago, now i have a 250sx like no other, Check out my pic page, And his 300ex has had some motar work, Cam, high compression piston, Porting and polishing, and lighter fly wheel. Well now its like the same race after we both hoped up our rides, But he put a ton of money in his and i got abot 120$ in tires and rims and the rest i built myself.

Old 07-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

i cant see your picture page

Old 07-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

I just put the pics up they will be on in an hour or so

Old 07-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

that thing looks nasty..in a good way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATC vs. quad kill stories