ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Why atc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why atc?

Just wanted to know wy we love our 3-wheelers? personally i grew up one and have missed it a whole he?/ of alot! i'm getting the fever again! my first atc 110,200x,350x and 250 tecate.Love the looks and speed! nobody around here rides them anymore,but this ol'e boy is getting ready to!!

Old 03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Why atc?

For the same reason you do,had a 3 wheeler as a kid,had all sorts of fun. Plus they tend to be more in my budget at this time in my life with kids and other stuff.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why atc?

i dunno what it is, the one I bought recently, is the one I ALWAYS wanted scince I could rember. I think it was the wheelie popping action, or jumping, or maby the cobra pipe that needs to be re-packed, (VERY LOUD), but what ever it was, I want it more then the 250R quads, now thoes were fast!, but the 4 stroke will out live any 2 stoke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why atc?

but the 4 stroke will out live any 2 stoke
want to bet? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] no j/k

Old 03-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why atc?

i was too young to remember when they were sellin atc's, but i took one for a ride and knew it was for me....just the fact that everyone around on there new quads looks at it and goes "wow..that thing's still runnin" or if there youngger, they go.."wow...what is that thing?"--just somethin cool about riding on 3 wheels

Old 03-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why atc?

I have loved the way you could ride a wheelie and still see were you are going! A quad is a three wheeler with a training wheel!

Old 03-10-2004, 01:14 AM
The Facility
Default Why atc?

I simply love them and for the same reason as most of you...it's what I grew up riding.

Regarding price, you can get them cheap these days.

I have noticed 4 "eras" in the value of ATC models.....in my area anyway.

[1]They were expensive [at the time] to own one during the early '80.....used models were high as well
[2]Around 1989, ATC prices went south. You could buy top condition 350Xs for under $600
[3]Around 1996, when the Quad market exploded, everyone owning three wheelers assumed there's were more as well. That actually did work because out of nowhere, used ATC prices went up....along with used quad prices.
[4]Around last year, the price started falling again. Maybe due to the overcrowded used quad market? I don't know, but I'm buying all I can get my hands on....cheaply ofcourse, so when the next wave hits, I can sit back and laugh.....or cry...LOL

Old 03-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why atc?

I cut my teeth on an atc. My friends and I would take our 110's, 185's, and 200's and cruise gravel roads at top speed. We would put homemade extensions on the front forks and run straight header pipes with no mufflers (man they were loud).

We would frantically work on our bikes all day in order to have them ready for a camping trip that night. Sometimes we would ride bikes that did not have any working lights. We would have to stay close to another bike in this situation.

I stripped flywheel shear pins, blew head gaskets, burned engines up, seized cams, flipped, flipped, flipped, etc..etc.. and still never lost the fever. We grew up in an atv world and three wheelers were our little part of it. We thought that a 200s was pretty darn fast. It was also rumored that blasters topped out at 85mph and banshees would hit 100mph. None of my crowd had ever rode one to confirm it though.

Every time I ride an atc it makes me feel like a kid again. Even though four wheelers are much more practical I will surely own a few more three wheelers in the future.

I always wanted a 250sx. I'll probably pick one up as a project when a good deal comes along.

Old 03-10-2004, 04:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Why atc?

To tell you the truth I never wanted a 3 wheeler. I just wanted something to go have fun with. I talked to a guy at work and he said his son had a three wheeler he might want to sell. I talked to some of my friends and they said it was a great deal and to grab it. Well here I am and I LOVE IT!!!!!! Plus it is great to hear people talk about how they had one 20 years ago.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default Why atc?

I also grew up with one. I dont really know what era I fit in lol. Im only 25 but when I was a kid around 11-12 around 89-90 I got a 185/200s dont remeber which one but that thing would take a beating and had decent power. I road it all day long after school for atleast 4 hours a day and never once had a big problem with it!! I sold it when I was around 15 saving money up to get a car. I have wanted one every since. Last week got me a 350X and Im very happy with it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just hope it goes as long as the other did without a problem. I have had Dirt Bikes but I just dont really like them they are not as much fun IMO. I have never owned a quad but I really dont see the sense in paying the extra thousands for extra wheel? I cant wait to find some nice places to go ride this summer!