ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this normal?

My 350X wont start back up for awhile. I will run it for about 5-10 mins then for some reason when I shut it off it wont start back up unless I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes? What is causing this problem? My leg and ankle are starting to really bother me! Thanks for any feedback!

Old 03-11-2004, 01:09 AM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this normal?

not normal for anything. if anything, it should start easier after its warm.

Old 03-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default Is this normal?

Ok I phrased it wrong. I should have just asked what was wrong because I knew it couldnt be normal.

I dont really understand what is going on. I can ride for about 10 minutes then when I turn it off, It seems like if I dont get it kicked over on the first couple kicks, I should just give up because it aint going to start. Sometimes it will start right back up as long as I get a good kick in the first couple tries? Could it be flooding out that quick? It just seems like its that first or second kick if I dont get it started by the second kick I wait about 5-10 minutes then it seems to start right up? Anyone know whats up? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Is this normal?

XDAWG....I know exactly where you are coming from......On my 200X it does the same thing but for mine it was rider error. It was all just getting used to the trike. When I start it cold I have to give it a little fuel and it fires up, when I start it warm I can not give it fuel until it fires, If I do; it floods and is a real Bit$& to get started. I have tryed to change the timing, new plug, rebuilt the carb, and it still acts the same.....

As far as your leg goes........Park it on a big hill and roll it down and start in in 2nd or 3rd makes it easyer on the foot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Is this normal?

Check your vent on your tank. Blow through it. Clean the fuel filters.

Old 03-11-2004, 09:09 PM
The Facility
Default Is this normal?

XDAWG,

The next time it does this, take the autodecompression cable off and see if it starts up. I have seen this as the cure on some of the older 4 strokes. It will be hard to kick for sure, but I had a guy tell me this trick at a service seminar bak in the '90s.

On mine, it was an '86 model and after I figured out that kicking it without the decomp cable fixed the problem with it hot, I got a decomp lever,perch, and cable for an XR600 motorcycle and put it on there. Alot easier to fool with than removing the cable each time it was a bear to start up.

The Honda Tech's reasoning was that some engines [even some bikes] have much lower compression pressure when they get hot and that the automatic decompression systems do not do as well as a manual one because it's holds the valve open longer than what is really needed and by the time it shuts, it's "too late". I don't know how true this fact is, but it made since and most of all, it fixed my problem.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]