ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

How much $ do you all think this will set me back?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much $ do you all think this will set me back?

Ok here is a list of things i need to restore my 350x:
New Front Fender
New Rear Fender
New Seat
New Seat Latches
New Bearing Carrier
Powdercoat Frame and Swingarm
Paint Tank & Get new Decals
K&N Air Filter & Outerwear

It looks pretty crude right now in my opinion and i really wanna get going on fixing it, do you all think i should just tear it down to the frame as soon as i can? Oh and also what kind of paint do you use on an engine? Because mine has some spots where the paint has been been rubbed off. Thanks.

Old 06-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

For the engine touch-up I use 500 deg. spray paint. Works good for touch -ups! You can get it almost anywhere.
As far as the seat...There is a place here in St.Louis that is redoing my wives seat for $70 and they are using the same stuff as the Jetskis. Is the seat foam still in good shape? The highest priced items you have are the powdercoating items. Since it is summer right now, I would suggest that you hit the bare spots with rustolium for the warm season and do a complete teardown in the winter. I am trying to get you a link to hyperparts for your plastic...They are the cheapest I have ever seen on Myier plastic.(site down right now)

Do you find very many trikes over there where you live? It is pretty dry over here in O'Fallon. Some of them farmers have them in a shed and forgot about them!

Old 06-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
Is the seat foam still in good shape?

Do you find very many trikes over there where you live? It is pretty dry over here in O'Fallon. Some of them farmers have them in a shed and forgot about them!
When i got the 3wheeler it came with 1987 200x plastic and seat, which doesn't latch on at all so all it is doing is helping my as$ not be so sore from riding on the bare frame. Also there are usually a pretty decent amount of trikes in the Illinios trader. Oh one more thing, how hard do you think its gonna be to find me a seat in decent cond.? Thanks.

Old 06-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

check here The plastic is real cheap here! As fas as the seat goes I do not have a clue... maybe e-bay, or the "garage swap " section of this forum.

Old 06-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

if you bought all the parts new from the factory it could cost you a thousand or two. but if you look on ebay and aftermarket parts you could save some serious dough.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Thrash, i've got some pics posted of that 350x if you wanna see them.

Old 06-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dang man,,,,,that trike does not need as much work as I pictured from you list! In next to no time that thing will be real nice!

Old 06-09-2004, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Thx man, so after you've seen the pics do you think it needs to be torn down to the frame? The main things i'm really concerned about right now is the bearing carrier and my rear fender and seat assembly. What color of plastic do you think i should buy? I was thinking maybe restoring it back to its stock colors but i kind of like the rear white fenders.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The only way I would do a frame off in the summer is if the trike is a total wreck. Great winter project, but that is just me.
I tend to agree with you on the white rear fender, it looks good! The red front looks good because of the red tank scoops.
To get some different ideas, there are some REAL CLEAN 350x's on this forum, some look better than they did new.

DUDE check it! HERE!

Old 06-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Dang man, thats pretty cheap for a brand new bearing carrier, is it better than the Rad carrier? Because there is one on there for i think $149.00. Man all i've got to try and find now is a seat cuz i just won a set of seat latches on ebay today, pretty soon its gonna look sweet.

Quick Reply: How much $ do you all think this will set me back?