ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

CDI box

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDI box

hey guys i need your help again. My 200 E still not running I have been told by some friends that it could be the CDI box. is this a possiblity and if so will the CDI from a 200M work in its place?

Old 12-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default CDI box

well try your ignition coil located behind the flywheel that is behind your pull starter assembly.it might have gona bad dont woryy its only 10 dollars,if not that by u a new cdi box just to make sure it will work fine,and the next reason i would try the timing last.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default CDI box

Originally posted by: ratkiller
hey guys i need your help again. My 200 E still not running I have been told by some friends that it could be the CDI box. is this a possiblity and if so will the CDI from a 200M work in its place?
Do you have a book? If not get one! They have all the specs on how to test the Mag, CDI, ect. If the books saves you from buying one un-needed part, then it payed for itself! And if you have the book, it will be a ton easier for some of us to walk you through the testing process.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default CDI box

alright thanks where can i find one of these books because i do not have one and am very very new to this atc thing. my first purchase was not long ago.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default CDI box

Try Ebay or Craigs list. You could try the honda dealer also. Here is a good place to try for all your part needs.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CDI box

aawww come on thrash, I've seen you type out all the ohm meter test specs for these issues before......keyboard must be gettin' wore out if your suggesting to get a manual.

Sorry...couldn't resist since I gave you a hard time after I saw the one post with all the CDI values a while back.

So what have I been missin' on the boards? Between hunting, cutting firewood for dad and xmas I haven't been in here much except for reading up on the Grizzly that I just bought(its like riding in a tank compared to the ol' 200X.

Thrash is a wise man fellas, listen to his advice.

Jeff