ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

no power?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power?

hello i finally got my atc running again and it is pumping oil in the head but it has no power? i can drive it but i have alittle hill to drive up and first gear it stalls before it even really gets to the steep part? if i hook a trailer up it bogs down in 2 gear? i have the timing set i screwed around with the carb nothin the airfilter is clean what else should i try? i think it is overheating but why? would it be because of how bad the cam shaft wore down from no oil or what
help!!!

Old 04-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

You might want to check your compression to see if its low. I dont know what it is suppose to be though.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

hello this thing has alot of compression because i can bearly start it

Old 04-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

What does it do when you rev it up in neutral?

Old 04-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

hi what it does is it will rev up about have throttle then boggs down if you try to give it any more gas i dont know why but it just does that?

Old 04-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

sounds like it is running too rich you might wanna see where your carb needle is set at and move the clip up and see how it runs like that.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

i have moved the clip up and down and did adjusting to the carb and still nothing? would it be because the cam lobes are so very wore?

Old 04-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

It might be maybe making the vlaves not closing all the way and letting the compression build up as it should. Other then that I really dont know that would be my guess. or that your cam is worn and not opening the vlaves all the way too.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default no power?

You have indicated that the timing is set, do you mean ignition timing or camshaft timing?
I presume the bike ran and had adequate power prior to the camshaft seizing, so the lack of power and the bogging down at half throttle could be attributed to a reassembly error, specifically the cam chain.
I got my bike really cheap because the previous owner was frustrated with it, seems after putting in a new piston and rings the bike exhibited running conditions similar to yours.
Long story short, I got it home, bought a manual, did some checking and determined that the cam sprocket was off a few teeth, made the correction and voila!

Old 04-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default no power?

i have the camshaft timing set so at the t mark the colored link on the cam chain is straight up with the little mark on the sprocket. the ignition timing looks ok i just got a timing light so i will test it when im not busy because people are bringing in lawnmowers like crazy. if the camshaft is worn and it is not opening the valves all the way would that cause power lose?

Quick Reply: no power?