ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

For you 3 wheeler lovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For you 3 wheeler lovers

ok.. so i been having somthing on my mind for a while... i'm a big fan of 3 wheelers and i'm getting bak into them... i'm pretty sure this has been posted hundreds of times but i can't find n e thing good about it... so we all know 3 wheelers are no longer in the making, but what if we could make some kind of patision/agreement and get a bunch of people to sign it and figure who we would have to bring it to to get them back into the making... i figured if we can get enough people to agree then we might have a chance, sure it would take a BUNCH of people but y not give it a shot.... for example: like getting a motorcycle license, you would have to go through a course and test to be able to purchase and or ride any NEWER (IF THEY CAME BACK) model atc's, and you would have to sign an aggrement during purchase that you would ride any atc you would purchase from a dealer at your own risk and will not, nor cannot sue... i mean they were outlawed mainly because of KIDS who had barly no experience and/or sence of what they were doing got hurt and there parents decided to blame the manufactures... to me, sounds like the only thing that was wrong with them was the loose nut that connects the handlebars to the seat if you know what i mean...

put your thoughts in on this...

and please no b/s like " 3 wheelers suck, Quads are where its at) thats not what this is about...

Old 03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I think with the history with the 3 wheelers; honestly I don't see a manufactor even wanting to take a risk on something like this. Just my 2 cents. I love my 84 honda 200s, but I do not see it happening.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok well this is what i found while doing research all day...check this link out to the reasons why there outlawed for sale and if they're safe or not... this sight has all the goods and the bads... if you ask me i think the people who agreed to outlaw 3 wheelers were just bored ******** looking for attention... really pisses me off.. just imagine how advanced atc's would be right now if they were still on the market...

it's a lot to read but take the time to read it.. i think if i got enough people to sign saying that they want three wheelers back on the market, find a honda shop that would back me up or any other manufacturer, and find a lawyer (if nessacery) who would help me look over all the facts and take it to a judge or someone who has enough power to do so, and argue till i get my point across i think we could possibly have something... i know BIG words for such a small person, but i really think it can be done....

here's the link:

http://www.bennettlawfirm.com/atv4.htm

Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 PM
2 strokes or 4

The ban for production was technically only for 10yrs. but no manufacturer has even tried to bring them back. Most accidents were operator error, but the politicians can't and won't go against the grain and support them ( 3wheelers ).

Old 03-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

well, if thats so... then can and will any one help me try to get them back on the market.... like try to get it out there to the public and get peoples attention to show them what the real problem and issue was... this is somthing that seems so easy that i'm suprised noone has tried to do it yet...

Old 03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
2 strokes or 4

Check out TPC Trikes

Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea i seen that.. thats what made me want to get them back on the market.. because i can't see myself doing so much fabricating to make a trx450 into a 3 wheeler.. as much as i want to i don't have the welding skills to perform that type of task.. maybe if i had the frame and motor mounts pre made then i would build it... i didnt really check into the sight to much and i don't really have time to, you know if they would make me one or anyone who would?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
2 strokes or 4

Sure they'll make you one................for the right price

Old 03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

i agree..it would be great to see the trikes revived and produced right along with the quads, and leave the decision to go with 3 wheels or 4 where it belongs......with the customer. one thing i have always wondered about is this, why are/were off-road trikes banned, and on-road trikes left alone??? we have all seen them, and i bet most of us have wondered as i have, whats so much safer about an on-highway trike as compared to the off-highway trikes of yesteryear???

its a cool idea to try and revive them, but i think its defeated before it gets started. thanks to an ill-informed bunch of politicians, and an enabling, biased, off-road motorsports hating media, much of the average citizenry that isnt into trikes cannot be convinced that its not so much about how many wheels, as it is about whats between the ears of the operator

Old 03-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

you know what might work... you know how one person make a forward and sends it to one person then it eventually ends up all across the country... we should start a forward sayin somthing like "If you think 3 wheelers/atc's should be on the market again then forward this to 10 people" or somthing like that and eventually it would get across to someone who would or could possibly have the power or have the time and patients to attempt it at least... hell y not? just a thought.. if it happens it happens.. if it don't.. it don't

Quick Reply: For you 3 wheeler lovers